DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

1080p @ 60fps - absolutely terrible

Dronebow

Reactions
Does anyone know if this will ever be fixed on the Mavic? I've been using 2.7k but would like the higher fps possible on 1080p. I could not believe my eyes on how bad it was. I'll have to do more testing to make sure that I didn't do something stupid like forget to focus. But man, how did this make it out the door????

Literally looks like 720p. Very soft without much detail at all. This is why I said perhaps I forgot to focus but even when I have forgotten to focus on 2.7k it's never looked like this. BUT - now that I think about it... I think I had set up some manual settings for 2.7k and 30fps but I may not have made changes for 1080p at 60fps. I also had an ND32 filter on it for the bright day. So maybe that was the problem. Like I said, I need to do more testing but other threads here about 1080p at 60 or 96fps I think...

As far as I understand it, they can't "fix" it. That is just how the 60 fps and faster modes on the camera sensor they are using work.

To achieve 60 fps and above the sensor they are using has to throw some data away, resulting in the poor image quality.

I highly doubt any update will fix it. the higher framerates on 1080 (and 1080 in general) utilize pixel bining for faster transmission rate for the DJI goggles. Optimum recording resolution is 2.7 or 4k.

My P3A videos are awesome set to 1080@50fps, the Mavic at that setting does not compare in quality, I now shoot 4k@30fps NTSC, I live in the UK but don't use PAL as it is restricted to 25fps upper limit, I then edit through Powerdirector 14 and output 1080@30fps an MP4 file, works for me

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Hard to believe a toy camera from Fisher-Price would produce these results. Not a pro camera. Basically a cell phone in the sky. Cant expect pro results, folks. Always use maximum quality with minimum fps. 4K/30fps. The one time I tried 1080p at 60fps was the only and last time. Worse than the P2V+.

Reactions: PropPilot
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miguelmas