DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

1080p @ 96fps shows at 23fps but in slow motion?

Pedro

Reactions
I'm sure this is something that I'm doing but when I set the Mavic to 1080 @ 96fps, the recorded file shows at 1080 @ 23fps and obviously plays in slow motion. I can change it while editing but I wondered whether I've got a setting wrong somewhere. Have tried 2 cards but the same result.

Thanks.

Don't know why this happens, but why would you want to film in 1080 96fps or 60fps. These are settings for fpv goggles with known issues for normal use?

It's a failure to read the file correctly by whatever playback software you're trying to use. 96fps is not standard at all so some programs won't like it.

Don't know why this happens, but why would you want to film in 1080 96fps or 60fps. These are settings for fpv goggles with known issues for normal use?

Just wanted to try out a some slow motion, I'm new to DJI and didn't know these had known issues.. What are the issues?

Seems a bit strange that such a standard format 1080 @ 60 has issues..

It's a failure to read the file correctly by whatever playback software you're trying to use. 96fps is not standard at all so some programs won't like it.

2 different programs did the same plus the file properties shows them at 23fps but thanks.. :)

The Mavic's processing system is supposedly not powerful enough to do a "good" resize at framerates >30, so it does a crude one that shows strong aliasing on vertical lines. There is a million threads about that from the first people who got their Mavics.

There are Apps that can patch the FPS value to anything you like, e.g. 96.
IF the player Software likes tat you have to try but then it could play at correct speed.

Ender

Thanks, yes, I use Magix Edit Pro so can turn it up but I couldn't understand why the file properties show it at 23fps and run it slomo.. :)

Hi !
The latency for the video broadcast (exotic solutions aside) is always MINIMUM one frame as it has to be complete to be encoded and sent away.
1 Frame at 25 FPS is 1/25s = 40ms
1 Frame at 96 FPS is 1/96 = 10,4ms

So latency is 30ms "better" using a 96 Hz mode.
So i would use 720p to get 120 fps :)
Thats DJI's reasoning, NOT mine but there is a partial truth to it

Ender

P.S. all assuming the broadcasted FPS is == recorded FPS which i find hard to believe so maybe its just a lame DJI excuse for the binning artifacts.

How would those settings have anything to do with FPV Goggles? It is the video saved on the sd card not what is used for FPV.

Hi !
The latency for the video broadcast (exotic solutions aside) is always MINIMUM one frame as it has to be complete to be encoded and sent away.
1 Frame at 25 FPS is 1/25s = 40ms
1 Frame at 96 FPS is 1/96 = 10,4ms

So latency is 30ms "better" using a 96 Hz mode.
So i would use 720p to get 120 fps :)
Thats DJI's reasoning, NOT mine but there is a partial truth to it

Ender

P.S. all assuming the broadcasted FPS is == recorded FPS which i find hard to believe so maybe its just a lame DJI excuse for the binning artifacts.

Thank you Ender for this, i could not have said it better!!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erroos