DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

11/3 Update.

Supply and demand at its purest form!

So anyway, back on the subject of 'Hey I think DJI is full of BS with their 7-8 weeks estimate'

56 days to ship 34 days worth of orders yet...

Its taken 13 days to ship almost 3 days worth of orders thus far...

I, for one, will pray for Mavics to fall from the sky magically within the next couple weeks. It seems as effective as anything else we can do- who knows, we might be surprised and DJI will ship. But my bet's on the falling-from-the-sky thing to happen before DJI catches up, unless they've got some huuuge shipment waiting to be sent out to everywhere they're not telling us about.

57736511.jpg

So anyway, back on the subject of 'Hey I think DJI is full of BS with their 7-8 weeks estimate'

56 days to ship 34 days worth of orders yet...

Its taken 13 days to ship almost 3 days worth of orders thus far...
I've said this like 500 times, but I'll say it again

The first 3 days was 162 orders based on the spreadsheet. The next 30 days was 152 total. Based on that they should be through October orders in 2 more weeks. I personally don't think that will happen, and we def. don't have all the data as far as orders go..

But the point is, the orders aren't evenly distributed at all..

I've said this like 500 times, but I'll say it again

The first 3 days was 162 orders based on the spreadsheet. The next 30 days was 152 total. Based on that they should be through October orders in 2 more weeks. I personally don't think that will happen, and we def. don't have all the data as far as orders go..

But the point is, the orders aren't evenly distributed at all..
They have admitted that they completely stopped both production and shipping for a period of time (at least 2 weeks), and are only slowly resuming both, with a huge 2 month backlog! :rolleyes: Santa's bag will be empty! Expect January to February for fulfilling pre-orders. Not likely to see any on the shelf at BB or even Apple any time soon. They each have huge pre-orders of their own that still in the queue!

They have admitted that they completely stopped both production and shipping for a period of time (at least 2 weeks), and are only slowly resuming both, with a huge 2 month backlog! :rolleyes: Santa's bag will be empty! Expect January to February for fulfilling pre-orders. Not likely to see any on the shelf at BB or even Apple any time soon. They each have huge pre-orders of their own that still in the queue!

They admitted to me they are backed up on Batteries. That's it. She told me they have been waiting weeks and weeks for batteries. Even though I got my Mavic, she said they would send my bag and charging hub first while I wait for the battery production to catch up.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

They admitted to me they are backed up on Batteries. That's it. She told me they have been waiting weeks and weeks for batteries. Even though I got my Mavic, she said they would send my bag and charging hub first while I wait for the battery production to catch up.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots
Clearly, a lack of batteries would slow down delivery of the Mavics themselves. However, I wouldn't heavily rely on anything I was told over the phone by anyone who works at DJI. They make stuff up out of whole cloth, and tell lots of stories! My source was the email sent out by DJI in an effort to quell cancellations by promising to clear the backordered preorders ordered prior to November 3rd over the next 7-8 weeks! Almost sounds like a Ponzi Scheme about to come crashing down, and to prevent a run on the bank! Assuming a mere 300,000 preorders (likely a lot higher!), they still are holding well over $300 million dollars in buyers's funds without having delivered even 1%! If they can't solve these kind of problems with that kind of money, something is rotten in Denmark! :eek:

Last edited:
Doubting 300K pre orders, but maybe?

I really wish they were a public company so we could get more info at some point

Doubting 300K pre orders, but maybe?

I really wish they were a public company so we could get more info at some point
Even at mere 100,000 preorders, they are still sitting on well over $100 million dollars, while having delivered well less than 1% of the preorders. What a system, eh? It's their own private Kickstarter campaign. Sell short. Deliver whenever, if ever. After 60 days, most credit card credit card companies won't even allow you to dispute the charge! :rolleyes:

The question is, can you abandon DJI for another drone supplier? Imagine also, to receive finally your mavic pro but with a defect or a problem? This company must sell only when it has the product available and ready, otherwise must have a penalty.

Even at mere 100,000 preorders, they are still sitting on well over $100 million dollars, while having delivered well less than 1% of the preorders. What a system, eh? It's their own private Kickstarter campaign. Sell short. Deliver whenever, if ever. After 60 days, most credit card credit card companies won't even allow you to dispute the charge! :rolleyes:
True, I guess, maybe.. I found some stuff that says their annual revenue is in the billion USD range

So $1,000,000,000 / say average price of $1,200 (pulling this out of my ***) that works out to 833K units per year total between all drones they sell

That makes the 100K figure seem a little more realistic than I was originally thinking

DJI sure got into the market at the right time!

You'd think a company that was ALREADY a billion dollar company could have handled the launch better than this

Wow!! 2 more months!!!! I did my order with Paypal so I'll just file a dispute.. Get my money back and wait..

True, I guess, maybe.. I found some stuff that says their annual revenue is in the billion USD range

So $1,000,000,000 / say average price of $1,200 (pulling this out of my ***) that works out to 833K units per year total between all drones they sell

That makes the 100K figure seem a little more realistic than I was originally thinking

DJI sure got into the market at the right time!

You'd think a company that was ALREADY a billion dollar company could have handled the launch better than this
They sold short to pre-empt Karma sales, and killed off any competition!
Neither one has delivered on time. Pretty sweet deal. Fund your new product completely with customer preorders! Basically, build to order! :cool:

A month in and I don't think they've shipped the first 5 days of orders yet.... unbelievable.

First 5 days? Worldwide they haven't finished the first 2 days

I was giving them the benefit of exaggeration as they seem to be shipping random days into October. The girl from chat told me last night there was 'zero percent chance' they were shipping out of order, then she promptly ended out chat when I suggested that DJI was paying their uninformed chat agents with the interest from our orders.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent