DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

12volt charger or inverter

Jayfly

Reactions
I recently received my Mavic and have quickly realized the advantage of a car charger. Now the car charger for the Mavic battery is $69.99 Canadian. I can buy a nice 300-500watt inverter for that price at Canadian tire which would also give me additional capabilities. Is there any disadvantage going this route? Would a 300-500 watt handle the Mavic charger requirements?
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I recently received my Mavic and have quickly realized the advantage of a car charger. Now the car charger for the Mavic battery is $69.99 Canadian. I can buy a nice 300-500watt inverter for that price at Canadian tire which would also give me additional capabilities. Is there any disadvantage going this route? Would a 300-500 watt handle the Mavic charger requirements?
Here's a website to help you out, the Mavic charger has an amperage on it. Just work out the proportion to the stated 2 amps.
How to convert 2 amps to watts (W)
Maybe up-size a bit, I'd suggest..

Hi Jayfly
I agree with Mr Baxter, my thoughts are if the price break is similar go for the 500 W rather than the 300 W, always better to have more capacity than less...:)
Waylander

Get a Pure sine wave inverter and not the modified sine wave version and you should be fine with everything .

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

The advantage of the inverter is that you could use the 5 in 1 charger that charges 3 Mavic batteries in parallel. I have one and it works amazingly well. Go to Amazon and search for "5 in 1 charger mavic". You'll see many different brands, but they are all the same charger which has "YX" "for the Mavic" on it. It costs $50. Well worth it. That inverter at 300-500Watt is enough power.

If you want to change your 240V generator with inverter generator then you find lot of good options available. You have to check all options that suits you and read that inverter review .

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adsjr