DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

1st crash (ATTI MODE)

EsiMavic

Reactions
Lesson learned
1. Fly low in tripod mode (low as possible so if it will crash lesser damage or no damage at all.
2. Definitely DOME ON!
3. You Should be behind the MP so as not to be disoriented when you try to control the direction you want.
4. Lastly deep breath and stay calm.FOCUS!

Happy flying! :)

Reactions: buzzlightyr
2. Definitely DOME ON!

The dome may prevent the gimbal from getting damaged in a crash, but it covers your air inlet to the cooling fan and will overheat the bird if left on by preventing air from being circulated in.

If you are afraid of damaging you camera lens, buy a CP filter for $10 and that will do the job too.

The dome may prevent the gimbal from getting damaged in a crash, but it covers your air inlet to the cooling fan and will overheat the bird if left on by preventing air from being circulated in.

If you are afraid of damaging you camera lens, buy a CP filter for $10 and that will do the job too.
Theres a small slit on the dome air can still pass thru.

Im not afraid on a damage lens but the whole camera-gimbal set up :)

Lesson learned
1. Fly low in tripod mode (low as possible so if it will crash lesser damage or no damage at all.
2. Definitely DOME ON!
3. You Should be behind the MP so as not to be disoriented when you try to control the direction you want.
4. Lastly deep breath and stay calm.FOCUS!

Happy flying! :)

My take on flying in ATTI mode:

Don't fly in ATTI mode*.

*maybe, if the ground below the drone is well lit and has high contrast patterns going on, then you can fly at your own risk.

Yeah my opinion based on absolutely no experience flying the mavic in ATTI, but having learned to fly a hubsan h107c, is that you should definitely buy a small quad to practise atti on if you anticipate ever needing to fly the mavic in the mode, and you will crash a lot so I certainly wouldn't like to learn on a 1k quad.

Even having learned to fly atti, I wouldn't deliberately try it on the mavic. I don't think it has a very good atti mode from what I've learned but it's difficult to know if that's just because a lot of reports are from people who tried to fly it indoors with no previous experience of flying toy quads.

Reactions: EsiMavic
Last edited:
That slit provides very little airflow. Dome off is the only way to go if you want your equipment to last...
I just use it because i want to experience how to control atti mode. But i panic :( the thing is i learn a lot that i can use it when MP switches to atti mode. :)

My take on flying in ATTI mode:

Don't fly in ATTI mode*.

*maybe, if the ground below the drone is well lit and has high contrast patterns going on, then you can fly at your own risk.
I just want to experience it so that when something goes wrong ill be ready. :)

Now I'm nervous, I get my mavic tomorrow!!! [emoji29]

Good reaction to have being in your position as a new Mavic owner. Being nervous will stop you from being bold. Boldness with a new Mavic usually quickly leads either to a DJI service call or using your DJI Care/Refresh option, which I hope you sprung for as it is a worthwhile investment and has saved a lot of people a ton of cash in drone repairs and replacements.

Best of luck to you and safe flying. Go slow but don't fly low. Remember altitude is your friend, so fly as high as you can in EVERY condition where you have empty sky above you (within reason so you can still capture the images that you are after). Most drone crashes occur at lower altitudes where people and things are. Follow ALL FAA regs and guidelines. And lastly, don't fly scared. If you're not confident in your flying, it will make itself evident in your results. You'll know each time you are ready to push the envelope, leave your comfort zone, and venture a little further with this marvelous flying machine. Thumbs up.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmikebennett