DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Goggles, 1 Mavic - requires 2 remotes

Lelantos

Reactions
I'm a bit disappointed by this.

From the FAQ;

How many DJI Goggles can be connected to one Mavic Pro drone at the same time?

Apart from pairing the DJI Goggles with a Mavic Pro drone and remote controller, there are two other connection combinations:

1. One Mavic Pro drone + two DJI Goggles + two Mavic Pro remote controllers
2. One Mavic Pro drone + one DJI Goggles + two Mavic Pro remote controllers.

Reactions: Jaysjob
It's disappointing that you (I) need to get another remote (not available and/or expensive) in order to use two goggles at the same time.
I don't think you do. The Chinese always have a hard time explaining themselves. You can connect up to 4 goggles according to the video. Would that mean you would need 4 RCs? That wouldn't make much sense. I'm a Software and Electrical and that configuration requirement wouldn't make much sense.

Reactions: Kilrah and Jaysjob
I don't think you do. The Chinese always have a hard time explaining themselves. You can connect up to 4 goggles according to the video. Would that mean you would need 4 RCs?

This is what the video says;
"The ocusync system also enables simultaneous connectivity of up to four devices. So you could share your flight in real time with friends through their goggles or smart devices."

Last edited:

From the FAQ;

Apart from pairing the DJI Goggles with a Mavic Pro drone and remote controller, there are two other connection combinations:

I don't think you do need 2 remotes but I'm having a heck of a time getting 1 rc and 2 goggles connected. I messed with it for a few hours last night then gave up. Looking for and waiting for someone who has had success.

I don't think you do need 2 remotes but I'm having a heck of a time getting 1 rc and 2 goggles connected. I messed with it for a few hours last night then gave up. Looking for and waiting for someone who has had success.

That would be consistent with what the FAQ says, two goggles requiring two remotes - and that makes four devices. I sincerely would like to be proven wrong on this one.

That would be consistent with what the FAQ says, two goggles requiring two remotes - and that makes four devices. I sincerely would like to be proven wrong on this one.

This isn't true because when you are linking the goggles and remote the setup asks if you want to add a secondary rc. You can say no. As it understand it it's one remote control, a primary goggle and a secondary goggles. But for the life of me I can't get all three to work at the same time. Maybe the latest firmware update that just came out will address this?

This isn't true because when you are linking the goggles and remote the setup asks if you want to add a secondary rc. You can say no. As it understand it it's one remote control, a primary goggle and a secondary goggles.

I don't follow that logic. Asking if you want to set up a second rc makes sense. You say no, and you're done. If you were to say yes and set up another rc then you could proceed with setting up the second pair of goggles. How is asking to set up another rc evidence that it will support two goggles using only one controller?

Pages 8 - 10 of the manual show the three possible configurations available for use with the goggles. There is none that allow two goggles with only one controller.

Last edited:
Are you stuck with trying to activate it? I think it might be easier to only turn one of the goggles on, namely the one you're pairing. Maybe I can help you through it?

Reactions: Jaysjob
Everyone will have this answer tonight.... I have 2 goggles & 2 remotes. Just haven't tried it yet

For what it's worth. DJI says 4 DEVICES. It also says up to 2 goggles.

Everyone will have this answer tonight.... I have 2 goggles & 2 remotes. Just haven't tried it yet

For what it's worth. DJI says 4 DEVICES. It also says up to 2 goggles.

Yes, according to all the documentation you need two remotes in order to use two goggles. I think that dji saying "four devices" is misleading when in the context of a video marketing their goggles and their connectivity.

Reactions: Jaysjob and FPVme
Yes, according to all the documentation you need two remotes in order to use two goggles. I think that dji saying "four devices" is misleading when in the context of a video marketing their goggles and their connectivity.

Ok. So after testing the crap out of this thing I think I figured it out. Let me know what you think.
I think I misread the manual. I think maybe we both might be right in this case.
Now I tried the multiple goggles setup.
If I set up the first set of goggles and pair it with my remote control everything works. But you have to link the goggles then bind the remote.
Now I setup the second pair of goggles and select "no remote". Now both goggles work. One is the primary the other just a slave (no control). What I see in the first pair you see in the second pair. You can use head tracking and gimbal tracking in the first pair and the second pair sees everything.
You have essentially the first pair of goggles as the remote and the second simply follows. But on the iPad mini using the DJI Go app there is no video feed. I think because the first pair of goggles IS the remote and intercepting the video feed. The only way to get it back on the iPad display is to link the remote gain but then you lose the first pair of goggles.
So I think you are correct. Unless this is a software or firmware glitch you need two remotes for two sets of goggles and one of the remotes can be one of the pair of goggles or the rc. Not both.
I'm not 100% sure on this but I've tried testing it a bunch of different ways always with the same result.

Reactions: Lelantos

From the FAQ;

Yes. You are correct. I was wrong in my thinking about this and appreciate your post that made me look at this setup again and finally figure out wth was going on. [emoji106][emoji106]

Reactions: Tanin and Lelantos
Yay for me! Or not actually, because it makes sense to me to be able to connect an unlimited number of goggles for spectating purposes.

Yeah. I guess they have their thinking on how things should work but I don't think it's best. Even if you have 2 controllers and 2 sets of goggles you still can get the live view on your controller display, like an iPad mini. And the second pair has no head tracking. It's like a drivers ed car with 2 steering wheels but the main driver can only see what the person in the passenger seat sees while trying to drive the car! No good. I'm going to back down to one set of goggles and return the other pair. Nice snag on pointing that out. Seriously. I was going around and around with this trying to figure it out. Thanks!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozwaldcore