DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 red + 3 green flashes?

Maxcharbonnel

Reactions
Hi there,
During my last 2 flights, my Mavic's back led had a strange behavior : it was slowly flashing 3 times green (single blink) then 2 times red, alternatively. The green flash was about 0.5 second and 1 second off, and the red flash was about 2 seconds on and 2 seconds off (approximately...).
No clear explanation in the user manual.
Does someone know what that means?
Thanks

Reactions: rayco
That status flash pattern is not in the manual, so it's green,red,red over and over, for how long, just during startup? does it switch to slow green flashing? All green statuses are in the 'Normal' category but any red, other that warming up, is a warning.

It's green, green, green, red, red (and so on) during the whole flight.
The aircraft is working well and I didn't notice any strange behavior except this abnormal led pattern.
What could it be?

Hi there,
During my last 2 flights, my Mavic's back led had a strange behavior : it was slowly flashing 3 times green (single blink) then 2 times red, alternatively. The green flash was about 0.5 second and 1 second off, and the red flash was about 2 seconds on and 2 seconds off (approximately...).
No clear explanation in the user manual.
Does someone know what that means?
Thanks

Hi Maxcharbonnel,

Did you ever get an answer to this?
Today I flown in a new location and for the first time I had this light pattern... Green Green Green ... Red Red repeatedly.
I did notice I was getting a warning message on the app as soon as I switched the mavic on which was 'compass redundancy switch'
I was getting this before I taken off.

I am trying to find out if the light pattern was because of the compass switch as I cannot see anything in the manual.
Now that I am back home, Ive fired the drone up again to see if I got the same error message or light pattern and error has gone and the normal green light sequence has returned.

That status flash pattern is not in the manual, so it's green,red,red over and over, for how long, just during startup? does it switch to slow green flashing? All green statuses are in the 'Normal' category but any red, other that warming up, is a warning.

Page 12 in the Manual V1.2

Not exactly. Some light patterns are described on page 12 (the same as in v1.0), but definitely not the one that Reecey and I experienced recently.
Misinterpreted. Thought you where looking for them....

Reactions: treytexag
Uh, you don't think I checked the information on flash patterns prior to posting? That one is not listed.

WOW.... Some people don't even know they have to charge the battery.
Not like when you had to build, before all of the out the box stuff!!!

WOW.... Some people don't even know they have to charge the battery.
Not like when you had to build, before all of the out the box stuff!!!
You are correct, used to be you learned a heck of a lot by researching, designing, and then building you A/C before you could ever fly. But not it's just take it out of the box, charge the battery, and go out and <try> to fly it. It's a shame really as you miss so much, kind of like when I was building HAM radio equipment, nothing like the feeling of turning it on for the first time after weeks of building and it works.

My first build 4 years ago... Fly Helis before.

IMG_0578.JPG

Could it have been an alternating red/yellow? Distance and background lighting can play tricks with our perception of color. Red/yellow would indicate a compass problem.

Could it have been an alternating red/yellow? Distance and background lighting can play tricks with our perception of color. Red/yellow would indicate a compass problem.
Hi Floater, no it’s 100% 2 x Red and 3 x Green flashes. Ive encountered this a few times now over this year of flying the mavic and found it happens when close to a restricted or no fly zone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maviclake