DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2nd generation DJI Magic Pro?

PilotNumber1

Reactions
Looking at some of the problems that appeared and the delivery issues in getting most likely a drone mid or end of January I was wondering if there is any rumor of when and if there could be a next generation showing up possibly end of Q1 2017?

Any thought?

I may consider in not buying it because shortly after getting it a new one with possibly better camera could show up [emoji848][emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I don't know about a new generation this early, but we might see an aircraft named the "Mavic". DJI registered that name with the FCC when they registered "Mavic Pro".

I don't know about a new generation this early, but we might see an aircraft named the "Mavic". DJI registered that name with the FCC when they registered "Mavic Pro".

From "Mavic Pro" to just "Mavic" would sound wired in my option.
"Pro+" or "Pro 2" would make more sense...

I hope that we hear soon something how the roadmap looks like for the Mavic or also the P4P.

DJI did the same thing with the P3. The P3S and P34K were released after the P3A and P3P.

there are also some rumors about Mavic Standard, but I guess we need to wait

Looking at some of the problems that appeared and the delivery issues

What sort of problems do you mean? Other than the inevitable one-off problems here and there, I haven't noticed any common complaints from current Mavic owners, so I'm interested if you've heard otherwise. In fact, one of the things that has me excited about the Mavic is that as best I can tell there's not any indication of widespread / design flaw problems.

As far as whether or not you should wait for the next generation, there's always going to be something better over the horizon. For me personally, though, the Mavic's current compactness, speed, and range makes it compelling enough not to wait for a newer model, especially considering that the wait might be a year or more.

And regarding the delivery issues, while I'd love to have a Mavic today (or last week for that matter) instead of, say, January, I'd also prefer to wait a while instead of buying something that might spontaneously fall out of the sky due to a loss of power.

Reactions: Kilrah
there are also some rumors about Mavic Standard, but I guess we need to wait
I think the "Mavic" is the Mavic Standard. The label shows "M1S".

M1S.png

Next generation won't come before at least a year. There might be minor revisions but you won't even know about it.

What sort of problems do you mean? Other than the inevitable one-off problems here and there, I haven't noticed any common complaints from current Mavic owners, so I'm interested if you've heard otherwise. In fact, one of the things that has me excited about the Mavic is that as best I can tell there's not any indication of widespread / design flaw problems.

As far as whether or not you should wait for the next generation, there's always going to be something better over the horizon. For me personally, though, the Mavic's current compactness, speed, and range makes it compelling enough not to wait for a newer model, especially considering that the wait might be a year or more.

And regarding the delivery issues, while I'd love to have a Mavic today (or last week for that matter) instead of, say, January, I'd also prefer to wait a while instead of buying something that might spontaneously fall out of the sky due to a loss of power.

There's a thread regarding gimbal issue, I'm not sure how serious it is
Mavic gimbal issue; you all need to read!
http://mavicpilots.com/index.php?threads/Mavic-gimbal-issue%3B-you-all-need-to-read%21.765/

I think the "Mavic" is the Mavic Standard. The label shows "M1S".
I believe the name is not so important :)
And as I just noticed, that unreleased Mavic is already present in the DJI GO source code with ProductName KumquatS and name Mavic. (Mavic Pro has ProductName KumquatX).

Right -- I'm only using "Mavic" above because it's an aircraft register by DJI. I noticed that in the source code too :)

There's a thread regarding gimbal issue

Yep, I saw that one, but it doesn't seem to be a common / widespread problem.

The only thing I've seen to date that concerned me a little is the disconnection problem discussed here, but so far at least, it seems to be limited to a smallish number of Mavic owners.

Reactions: Rico

Really? Here's a thread from the DJI forums that keeps a fairly up to date list of reported issues: Poll: Trouble with your Mavic? Update here (150+ votes currently)
Thus far:

Whelp mine doesn't have any of those issues. I will look for things to complain about while I'm flying though. Thus far my biggest complaint is that I have to recharge the transmitter more frequently than with my P3p.. I guess I am a little disappointed with the fact that I have to charge the batteries one at a time. Otherwise, there just hasn't been anything for me to complain about. The thing is really compact and very well built.

Sorry

Reactions: Gimpy
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada