DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2x times now my Mavic and RC loses link and can't restore.

Lenny

Reactions
I have flown my Mavic about 30 or so successful flights and logged nearly 60 miles on it. Two of those flights I had a random disconnect from the RC/iPad and the aircraft....I describe it as random as I've flown the same flight path under similar conditions with no issues in the past. The first flight that this occurred I was never able to regain communication with the aircraft despite every attempt I could make. I did how ever visually locate and was able to recover the aircraft.

This last time however it behaved the same way (switching from GPS to ATTI while still having good GPS communication and general health) which I still do not understand the cause of. But this time I haven't been able to recover.

I have flown more traditional RC's planes, heli's etc, etc....I can fly it in ATTI and sports mode fairly fluently as well as having several flight that lost video downlink, yet I returned via an instrument only landing (i.e. The RC's display/ instrumentation).

I am confused as to the cause of this particular event as it wasn't a long range flight, after the video connection was lost within a relatively short range of my location none-the-less...I switch to "sports" mode to try and attempt a instrument only landing. Which didn't do much and I felt like I was only able to control the aircrafts rotation but not it's elevation or direction. I am wondering if one of you may be able to look into my flight data in order to educate me as to where my mistake was made, or do diagnosis an actual issue with the control/aircraft/app.

Thanks! - Lenny (Northern MN, USA)

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada