DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

30 Plus flights and loving this machine.

mminardi

Reactions
Just wanted to post a non issue! I finally put this thing into sport and I am amazed at how sharp and quick this thing is. I was able to hit 17.9 m/s , I swear it sounds like a mini formula 1 car!!

Photos and vids finally all stable and functioning perfect at all speeds and modes.

If I can just simply say, you should have lots of open field test flights and establish an understanding of the aircraft and its behaviours before piloting it in difficult terrain.

I have read so many issues people are having with LOS and crashes, it's not a toy, you need to respect the tech and put in some piloting hours.

855979fa23f58bb289eedc500922c095.jpg

Reactions: Bintryin
After 30 flights I think your bird is pretty much broken in. Can you share any issues you have had with it? Pros and cons? Lots of new members here every day come to ask if they should buy and might be hesitant based on things they might have heard. They would prob like to hear some positive things from someone who is getting as much use out of their Mav as you are.

"I have read so many issues people are having with LOS and crashes, it's not a toy, you need to respect the tech and put in some piloting hours. "

I could not agree more with your sentiments!

Wanna have some real fun with Sport Mode. Do a 30-40 foot off the ground full throttle fly by and just when it gets in front of you press the PAUSE button. It will nearly stand up vertical to stop. Much faster than using the sticks to brake. This is not something for the uninitiated and untrained to try.

Don't do that relying on it to stop in front of your face or an object though, it still needs a bit of space to stop

iPhone 6S

Usually ones face is not 30-40 feet off the ground, hence the mention of that important detail.

Objects though are another story. The idea is to perform this in an open space without lots of obstacles in the Mavic's Flight path.

After 30 flights I think your bird is pretty much broken in. Can you share any issues you have had with it? Pros and cons? Lots of new members here every day come to ask if they should buy and might be hesitant based on things they might have heard. They would prob like to hear some positive things from someone who is getting as much use out of their Mav as you are.

Let's start with the Pros
- Stable - after plenty of air time the drone functioned predictably and always in a stable manor.
- Wind Performance - I have been in winds up-to 20mph and the bird stays solid. Video and still pictures are perfect.
- Flight Time - I have never had an issue with predicted flight time, the battery has always drained at a consistent rate always in relation to weather conditions. No sudden drops or changes.
- Tech - from gps, flight sensors and obstacle avoidance, they all have worked perfect. Loss of signal has never happened to date, but notices of hi interference and warnings have been displayed. No issues have come drone this.
RTH - this feature has landed every time within inches of the take off spot. ( I have always made the take off point a contrast point on the ground)
- Well built - solid construction, and feels like a $1000 drone should. No cheap parts.

Cons
- lots of options, you need to take the time to understand and set based on your type of flight. The more time you spend flying and tweaking the settings the better this becomes.
- gimbal and camera are small and subject to being fragile, cables and parts are small. If you take extra care/caution this should not be an issue.

I am weak on the cons as you will not be disappointed with this drone. This being said I did have to exchange the first drone due to a defective imaging processor. I would recommend buying it from a company with a good return policy so you can easily exchange. Most issues that you find are very noticeable and easily diagnosed ( thanks to all the people on this site).

Usually ones face is not 30-40 feet off the ground, hence the mention of that important detail.

Objects though are another story. The idea is to perform this in an open space without lots of obstacles in the Mavic's Flight path.

To your point, knowing what this feature can do adds a tool to your kit when and if you need it.

Oh yes I will try!

In an open area,
Obstacle free
40' up.
lol thanks for replies.

Just wanted to post a non issue! I finally put this thing into sport and I am amazed at how sharp and quick this thing is. I was able to hit 17.9 m/s , I swear it sounds like a mini formula 1 car!!

Photos and vids finally all stable and functioning perfect at all speeds and modes.

If I can just simply say, you should have lots of open field test flights and establish an understanding of the aircraft and its behaviours before piloting it in difficult terrain.

I have read so many issues people are having with LOS and crashes, it's not a toy, you need to respect the tech and put in some piloting hours.

855979fa23f58bb289eedc500922c095.jpg
Yep flying sport mode wide open throttle is awesome and great to familiarize with the dynamics and capabilities of it.

Just gotta remember not to go too hard for too long and get that battery overcharge discharge warning and back off once in a while.

Reactions: mminardi

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roligtroll