DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

360 sphere panorama

ridditz

Reactions
Are there apps that people are using to make the 360 sphere pants. I haven't found a good one yet yet alone one that will stitch the photos for you. Any recommendations ?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Has anyone experimented with the "Drone Pan" App? I have not had the opportunity to try it yet, but I watched a YouTube video that was very impressive!

Litchi to take the photos. 26 total does work for me.

Ice to stitch

E.g. Irfanview to add top part to have 2:1 aspect ratio and down size when uploading to FB or Google streetview. In the properties of the file add Ricoh and Ricoh Theta S to camera name and model so that FB or GS recognizes it as a spherical 360. Then view it using a VR goggle. Simply amazing and worth the trouble.

Don't want to have too much wind when shooting for a proper stich.

Litchi, Hangar/Autoflight Logic are good applications for controlling the Mavic when taking the 360. Hangar 360 is reaching the end of its beta stage and that is automated end to end including processing in the cloud. I tested dronepan in beta and it was pretty good and I believe its free.

In terms of processing Autopano Giga is very good, but expensive. A less expensive option is PT GUI Photo stitching software 360 degree Panorama image software - PTGui Stitching Software

For viewing I actually think facebook has one of the best 360 viewers, just set it to 'only you' if you just want to test. Google photos has also a pretty decent viewer.

I use Litchi to take the photos, then Hugin (free) to stitch them all together and create the Panoramas

Reactions: stratos
For stitching photos I do use PanoramaStudio Pro 3.Fantastic job. Full of options but so nice and clean interface vs other complicated and clumsy interfaces.

Hanger 360 does everything for you. Flys the drone, takes the pictures, downloads them from the drone, uploads them to the server then gives you the link to view them when it's ready.

You can upload while you're in the field (using up your mobile data) or wait until you're in WiFi range.

Played with it for the first time today and it really was that easy. Alarming black screen saying initializing media for what seems an age, but it eventuality wakes up and starts taking pictures.

Hangar 360 the most easy to use app for making 360 photos. Just give it a try, it's free!

Sorry if this was already covered but I took the 360 shots with the Mavic Pro via DronePan, then stitching with ICE but unsure what projection works best?

d9c9666810d13d8cd9e6fb431c5f221c.jpg

In the first experiment I used the straight pano approach before cropping

In the second experiment I chose to push the base up to form the “empty” area of the water, and let the computer auto fill that
44dd73a96a1fffed58e835dbf7739ff7.jpg

Conclusion: first way is the way to go, and with photos compiled using DronePan, as “Spherical”

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lboogie007