DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3d mapping, any good guides out there?

infinkc

Reactions
I tried on my own to figure out how to do a 3d map, but a looking for any pointers that can make life easier.

I used DJI GSP to capture the pictures, each picture was 5mb.

I uploaded them to Drone deploy to try it out and the final image is 500mb cause there was close to 100 pictures.

Anyway to reduce the final image size?

Any programs out there for 3d mapping that are not subscription based?

Changing the overlap will get you less pictures but a less accurate map. Altizure has a free service but it isn't nearly as good as Drone Deploy IMHO. Plus with Altizure it has to be public no way to make it un-linsted or private unless you pay. and you're limited to 200-300 photos depending on your resolution 3GP total. There is software that you can do the processing ofline but it isn't really fast...at all, I've used Agisoft PhotoScan and it does a pretty good job with a lot of different export options.

Changing the overlap will get you less pictures but a less accurate map. Altizure has a free service but it isn't nearly as good as Drone Deploy IMHO. Plus with Altizure it has to be public no way to make it un-linsted or private unless you pay. and you're limited to 200-300 photos depending on your resolution 3GP total. There is software that you can do the processing ofline but it isn't really fast...at all, I've used Agisoft PhotoScan and it does a pretty good job with a lot of different export options.

thanks for the reply.

I wonder which is better, Aerial 3D 360, Drone Deploy or Pix 40.
It seems the latter two only do one level
Of flight and interpolate the map from that but Aerial 3D 360 allows you to make two or three levels to get better angles. I've been using this and it's great but would like to know what people think of the others. Surely the one level fly over can't be as detailed.

Did some research and discovered that Drone Deploy is for beginners only.
I'm very happy with The FPV camera app " Aerial 3D 360" as it allows me to get two or three levels for better definition.

I tested yesterday for the first time Pix4D, but for 3D modelling of real estate. Pretty neat and intuitive software (if you worked before in 3D); yet the result is not very impressive, in terms of details. Will try different approaches and settings (denser photographic grid; lower flight altitude etc).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair