DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3d printed accessories

trooper

Reactions
I've noticed there are a lot of 3d printed accessories popping up for the mavic, from gimble clamps, leg extensions to iPad holders for the remote. I own a few 3d printers and would be happy to supply you guys with any parts you need. Im not looking to sell for profit really, just interested in covering costs. If you have any ideas for an accessory you think would be useful let me know and i can soon whip something up.

Sent from my SM-G925F using MavicPilots mobile app

I would love something to cover up the remote controller sticks for transporting the controller...

I've noticed there are a lot of 3d printed accessories popping up for the mavic, from gimble clamps, leg extensions to iPad holders for the remote. I own a few 3d printers and would be happy to supply you guys with any parts you need. Im not looking to sell for profit really, just interested in covering costs. If you have any ideas for an accessory you think would be useful let me know and i can soon whip something up.

Great gesture, thank you!

How about clip on holders for the Strobon strobe lights? I'd like for them to face down but there may be a range of preferences. Two attached to the front rotor arms and one in the middle at the back. It's on my list of thing to do but since you offered...

These are awesome! Not my design but each took about 40 mins and ~$0.02 in electricity. The "expensive" part would be the shipping. They are available for download on Thingiverse. I didn't like the idea of wearing out the press-in stick sockets.

Attachments

• IMG_5851.JPG
    IMG_5851.JPG
    812.9 KB · Views: 639
Reactions: jointeffort
Someone displayed some 3D printed "s" clips that insert into the controller to make it wider to accommodate 8" tablets like the Nvidia Shield K1 but I lost track of the thread. I've been looking all over for it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've noticed there are a lot of 3d printed accessories popping up for the mavic, from gimble clamps, leg extensions to iPad holders for the remote. I

I've got no idea how to do it, but if you could create a gimbal cover with a window cut out of it to use as a lens hood, that would be awesome! There's video around here somewhere....

Reactions: Eyeinthesky33
Ringging65, where you thinking of this clip by Peter Homer?

That's the very one, yes. As he stated in the video, it should prob be sized to allow the full +30 degree swing available to the gimbal...his was not...

Reactions: roflyer
Some on eBay hold the sticks and cover the display.

With the gimbal cover, I've purchased a spare so I can dremel some slits in for airflow so I can fly with it attached without it overheating.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Someone displayed some 3D printed "s" clips that insert into the controller to make it wider to accommodate 8" tablets like the Nvidia Shield K1 but I lost track of the thread. I've been looking all over for it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
These "S" clips would be great. I'd bite on that one for sure!

How about clip on holders for the Strobon strobe lights? I'd like for them to face down but there may be a range of preferences. Two attached to the front rotor arms and one in the middle at the back. It's on my list of thing to do but since you offered...
ive got the sizes for the modules , but dont you require a stand alone battery for these units?

ive got the sizes for the modules , but dont you require a stand alone battery for these units?
Batteries are built on the board. Recharged by a usb cable. Only last about 5 to 6 hours. I would be interested in a set for the Mavic and a set for the P4.

SkyHigh Pyro Eye flying above

Something 3D printed that can hold one of these over the rear LED and/or on the front arms would be great! STROBON Standalone - Flytron
We are talking about that now. He wanted to know if there was a battery pack for it. I answered a few posts above and hope they can do them for the P4 also. [emoji111]

We are talking about that now. He wanted to know if there was a battery pack for it. I answered a few posts above and hope they can do them for the P4 also. [emoji111]

The standalone product has an integrated battery, dunno if that was discussed earlier.

Reactions: kykayak
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tenakeetwo