DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3d printed accessories

That's the very one, yes. As he stated in the video, it should prob be sized to allow the full +30 degree swing available to the gimbal...his was not...
Ringging65, where you thinking of this clip by Peter Homer?
My grandson 13 yrs old just made me one with his new Christmas Present.

Attachments

• mavic camera shade.jpg
    mavic camera shade.jpg
    159.7 KB · Views: 222
  • mavic 3.jpg
    mavic 3.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 213
  • mavic 2.jpg
    mavic 2.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 206
Reactions: vdubbin1967
IMG_0134.JPG IMG_0135.JPG Here are a couple cool accessories I downloaded and 3D printed off of Thingiverse. They are a nice box to safely stow the Transmitter/Controller in and stick guards for added protection.

Not specifically a Mavic part but a very useful accessory. The SDCard holder from BD0G. The guy is a 3D printing machine, I mean that for real. Like he's built from 3D parts, and he can't stop making more of them :). He's built a couple of things for me, always well done.

Attachments

• sdcard-holder.jpg
    539.1 KB · Views: 133
These worked superbly.. until my gimbal ribbon broke :(

ac5e5a3f65defbb87b0faff377393ced.jpg

Making a led "headlight" mount and soldering in a nice navigational light coupled to a micro RC on/off switch. This will require drilling into the body and whatnot..no big deal. 3 week wait time for a new gimbal cable so plenty of time for mods. Used to customize phantoms for $$ so this should be fun!
9a5e708753f2c060db57da3ad75e01f4.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using MavicPilots mobile app

I've noticed there are a lot of 3d printed accessories popping up for the mavic, from gimble clamps, leg extensions to iPad holders for the remote. I own a few 3d printers and would be happy to supply you guys with any parts you need. Im not looking to sell for profit really, just interested in covering costs. If you have any ideas for an accessory you think would be useful let me know and i can soon whip something up.

Sent from my SM-G925F using MavicPilots mobile app
Any chance you can come up with a replica model for 3d printer (.STL file) of this handle that lets you use the mavic as a handheld gimbal?
DJI 'MaViCam' Steady Grip Handle

Last edited:
Interestingly nobody has created and posted a propeller guard on thingiverse.com yet.

I considered it before I got my Mavic. I drive Solidworks everyday for work and have a 3D printer at home. After I received my Mavic, the need and desire for prop guards diminished dramatically. The one time I kind of seriously looked into it, I realized the prop guards are larger than the print bed on my printer and would have to be printed in two or pieces.

Tell me if you think I should start another thread for this.

1. I would like to model a clone of the remote control's "mobile device clamps" (the official name used 22 seconds into this video)
2. I would like us to model several altered versions that are specific to different phones and tablets on the market.

I disassembled mine in this video to get us started.

So you essentially want a larger, hollowed out mavic to store your mavic in? Can't help you there but good luck.

I can help you there. At least I can give you a name for it. It's called "vacuform". There are tons of examples of how to make your own vacuform table, but I suggest you search for a "maker space" near you. It's likely they would have a vacuform table or be interested in building one.

I've noticed there are a lot of 3d printed accessories popping up for the mavic, from gimble clamps, leg extensions to iPad holders for the remote. I own a few 3d printers and would be happy to supply you guys with any parts you need. Im not looking to sell for profit really, just interested in covering costs. If you have any ideas for an accessory you think would be useful let me know and i can soon whip something up.

Hi there you think you can help me out design the actual leg I just crushed mine and I can’t find anything on them. this is what I’m looking for if you can help me out please it will be really good just email me on [email protected]

Attachments

• 38A312A5-4A56-4160-9D81-3349F1B086B8.jpeg
    38A312A5-4A56-4160-9D81-3349F1B086B8.jpeg
    248.4 KB · Views: 39
  • 75196DB3-7D4D-4BBA-92DC-5F8DD09E6616.jpeg
    75196DB3-7D4D-4BBA-92DC-5F8DD09E6616.jpeg
    205 KB · Views: 41
  • 1BBF3057-9BA4-4758-9C00-43F3E6DB30F1.jpeg
    1BBF3057-9BA4-4758-9C00-43F3E6DB30F1.jpeg
    127.9 KB · Views: 38
  • D4D653FE-6D35-4C20-A69D-2165AE830208.jpeg
    D4D653FE-6D35-4C20-A69D-2165AE830208.jpeg
    141.8 KB · Views: 43
I have some strobon cree standalone 3d mounts from America which are only good for the rear legs.
It is quicker, slicker, lighter and more efficient to use small cable ties which will mount them on either leg and more securely . Bulky mounts obstruct the angle of the dangle.

Where are you located and what file types can you process in your printers?
I'm located in the USA, I don't have any files, was referring to getting someone to print these accessories with thier printer....The files are available on the internet...

I’m looking for a set of ground-based stilts to stand the Mavic Pro on, that hold the fuselage at least 6 inches aloft from the ground, so I can fit my 360Fly 4K camera on the underside and launch without having to hold the Mavic. (All current solutions I’ve seen fit stilts to the drone, which then hang down during flight and spoil the footage.)

I already have the printed mounts for over and under 360 cameras.

Ideally, one could clip or attach the stilts to a board or flat frame to create a take-off rig and one could pilot the Mavic back down on to the rig to land.

How is that for a challenge? :)

I've got no idea how to do it, but if you could create a gimbal cover with a window cut out of it to use as a lens hood, that would be awesome! There's video around here somewhere....
its a glare shield camera cover easy to print. would you like one ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121