DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3D Printed Leg Extentions with catch handle by Digson

Native Hawk eye

Reactions
Just printed these from thingiverse by Digson. Printed in 100 microns for smooth look. Back landing skid can be used as a catch handle. I'll be using it for drone fishing to mount a quick release rig. The clearance
3D file: MAVIC LEGS ∀-V2 by Digson

Reactions: sonof40
Is that rear leg for hand catching realy stable there for that? How its hold? Is it hard to mount it? Or put it down from mavic? Did you try catch allready? Any chance to put video with assabley and catching!? Tnx

..be fRee and fLy..

Did I miss something here? Title of the thread is, " Printed Leg Extensions w/catch handle". I did not see anyone catching it in the video.

Is that rear leg for hand catching realy stable there for that? How its hold? Is it hard to mount it? Or put it down from mavic? Did you try catch allready? Any chance to put video with assabley and catching!? Tnx

..be fRee and fLy..

I'll make a video showing the legs in more detail. But yes, the mount is very sturdy.. Easy to snap on.. Havent tried to catch it but will be trying it on the video. I'll post it here soon.

Reactions: temptation
If you catch that rear handle and kill the motors it's going to flop down pretty hard. Could damage the camera gimbal if it swings against your body.

Not sure the way it clips to the tail that it is strong enough during a catch. Is there something to make it so it cannot unclip?

Is the rear leg too long? It seems on landing the nose up attitude of the stock MP is not right. Not sure if this could confuse the IMU during start up.

I think you need to test the automatic landing after RTH following a 10m climb after takeoff. I suspect that rear widget may be in camera view.

How stiff is that plastic in hot weather? (I know nothing about 3D printing.).

Other than that I like the design, esp. the fore extensions. Sort of a "stinger" look to them.

Last edited:
If you catch that rear handle and kill the motors it's going to flop down pretty hard. Could damage the camera gimbal if it swings against your body.

Not sure the way it clips to the tail that it is strong enough during a catch. Is there something to make it so it cannot unclip?

Is the rear leg too long? It seems on landing the nose up attitude of the stock MP is not right. Not sure if this could confuse the IMU during start up.

I think you need to test the automatic landing after RTH following a 10m climb after takeoff. I suspect that rear widget may be in camera view.

How stiff is that plastic in hot weather? (I know nothing about 3D printing.).

Other than that I like the design, esp. the fore extensions. Sort of a "stinger" look to them.

The rear clip is very secure. I don't recommend catching in any way but for the once that do, this is a neat little;e extra for cool legs. This is printed in PLA in 100 microns. Not sure about the heat thing but I'm sure youd have to get them superhot to melt them.. lol.

Reactions: RWhisnant
I have these, or something very similar to these. I searched for "Mavic legs" on www.thingiverse.com and found this: MAVIC LEGS ∀-V2 by Digson

I downloaded the files and went to www.3Dhubs.com to find someone local who could print them for me. I had them printed in ABS.

There's a comment on thingiverse that wasn't there when I ordered, but it's accurate. It refers to the front legs being too wide in the opening. They basically fall right off if left as is (I'm not sure if a different print profile was used or what). I added a small piece of soft Velcro to the inside and that added just enough thickness to make them tighter. The main reason i got these is because of the back leg opening that acts as a handle making it really easy to hand launch or hand catch. It's much more solid than i expected it to be, which, for me, makes it a little difficult to put on and take off.

df057975a01d4de439281acdb292dcc3.jpg

The rear clip is very secure. I don't recommend catching in any way but for the once that do, this is a neat little;e extra for cool legs. This is printed in PLA in 100 microns. Not sure about the heat thing but I'm sure youd have to get them superhot to melt them.. lol.

I've seen a video of it being hand caught and it seems effective. Colour me wrong on that one.

mavic pro extended legs only 3d prints hand catchable | eBay

I purchased these the first of the month and they work great . The front legs fit snug and give plenty of clearance for rocks where I'm apt to land . The rear fits very tight and you need to be sure to spread the arms all the way out of the rear catches before trying to pull it off or it will unsnap the factory black clip . That clip is a bit tough to get back in if you do pull it out :)

These look much stronger then they need to be. The profile appears bulky.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bahamaboy242