DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3D printed parts

HarryMerkin

Reactions
I have a friend who makes this stuff cheap. This is a website where you can actually order some of these pieces. Just wondering about the strength of the material. Apparently LOTS of people are going this route instead of waiting on DJI. They can even make a complete Mavic body.

MakerBot Thingiverse

I have a friend who makes this stuff cheap. This is a website where you can actually order some of these pieces. Just wondering about the strength of the material. Apparently LOTS of people are going this route instead of waiting on DJI. They can even make a complete Mavic body.

MakerBot Thingiverse

I believe that website is for sharing the files to print the parts yourself.

MakerBot Thingiverse

As flyNfrank said thingiverse is for sharing 3D designs so others can print them up. You can download the files then send them to someone else to print for you, just google "3D Printing Services'. As far as the strength there are many many factors such as material used (PLA, ABS, PETG, FLEX, etc.) and also printer settings which are a big factor in durability. I've designed a few things for the Mavic; leg extensions, lens caps, filter cases and gimbal locks and have yet to have anything break once I get the design dialed in. 3D printing is anything but an exact science and there is a lot of trial and error when creating a design.

Hi new to the site, was wondering if anyone ever printed the outside case the batteries are in or if they would be intrested in trying. Let me know. Thanks

As flyNfrank said thingiverse is for sharing 3D designs so others can print them up. You can download the files then send them to someone else to print for you, just google "3D Printing Services'. As far as the strength there are many many factors such as material used (PLA, ABS, PETG, FLEX, etc.) and also printer settings which are a big factor in durability. I've designed a few things for the Mavic; leg extensions, lens caps, filter cases and gimbal locks and have yet to have anything break once I get the design dialed in. 3D printing is anything but an exact science and there is a lot of trial and error when creating a design.
It's more for prototypes not real parts...but plastic has some competition.

was wondering if anyone ever printed the outside case the batteries are in or if they would be intrested in trying
It would probably be easier/safer to purchase a new battery. Not only would designing a part like that be hard, it would need to fit exactly so it doesn't do things like dislodge from the drone mid-flight.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maviclake