DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

.400 Downgrade

Smokey5159

Reactions
Hi guys?
At the risk of flogging this subject to death - and if only for a definitive answer from a reliable source. Can i please ask for the correct and complete guide to retro-grading from the current .500 firmware to .400?
I realise that this has to be done via Assistant 2, but is it on conjunction with the controller (ie, connected to the Mavic at the same time)? Also, how does this affect the Go4 app? Or does the app not feature in the firmware down grade?
Sorry if this is adding to the sea of questions being bandied about - i just want to get it done right.
Cheets Smokey.

You essentially connect them one at a time and go to the upgrade assistance and downgrade to the desired firmware. As for the app, it will pester you to upgrade, but you can ignore it.

Reactions: ed1nh0
Sweeeeeet! Thanks Cyberpower!
Appreciate you getting back to me and i understand the App issue. You just hit 'Temporarily not' [emoji3]

You can also use go4 to downgrade, I did and it worked like a charm.

I've been using latest g4 (both ios and android)after ddowngrade without issues. And I got the litchi functions back.

You can also use go4 to downgrade, I did and it worked like a charm.

I've been using latest g4 (both ios and android)after ddowngrade without issues. And I got the litchi functions back.

What's the procedure to downgrade firmware with DJI Go 4? I can't find anything in the manual.. I assume it downgrades the firmware for the Mavic as well as the controller?

Did you have to downgrade battery firmware as well for each of your spare batteries?

You essentially connect them one at a time and go to the upgrade assistance and downgrade to the desired firmware. As for the app, it will pester you to upgrade, but you can ignore it.

Has anyone downgraded the Mavic and RC FW to .04., and left the iPhone app at the lastest rev? I'm sure it will pester you to upgrade the FW (again), but has anyone actually done this with good results? I thought some tried it and had issues. I don't have access to the old app because I didn't make a backup in iTunes. Is there is another way to retrieve/obtain the old app for downgrading?

Last edited:
Has anyone downgraded the Mavic and RC FW to .04., and left the iPhone app at the lastest rev? I'm sure it will pester you to upgrade the FW (again), but has anyone actually done this with good results? I thought some tried it and had issues.

I haven't had any issue. Until just now 5 miss ago, I get "cacan't take off" message in app. And the only error in the status list is "update required" so I guess they are pushing this update on me.

What's the procedure to downgrade firmware with DJI Go 4? I can't find anything in the manual.. I assume it downgrades the firmware for the Mavic as well as the controller?

Did you have to downgrade battery firmware as well for each of your spare batteries?

It's exactly the same procedure as upgrade , you just choose firmware version via dropdown menu.
Both mavic and rc are included in the apps up/downgrade.

And no I don't think there were any battery uograde between those versions. Please correct me if in wrong.

Oh, to access the firmware menu you'll have to hold down the three lines icon in the upper right corner on the startup screen in the app. If that wasn't clear.
180c087d60f98f9ea751b5a02dd5e7f2.jpg

Reactions: gregw
I haven't had any issue. Until just now 5 miss ago, I get "cacan't take off" message in app. And the only error in the status list is "update required" so I guess they are pushing this update on me.

What version app are you using and is it ios or android?
I remember using 4.05 on iOS and it worked. I have never tried 4.06.

Rob

Oh, to access the firmware menu you'll have to hold down the three lines icon in the upper right corner on the startup screen in the app. If that wasn't clear.
180c087d60f98f9ea751b5a02dd5e7f2.jpg

hi svavar,

in this process i have to connect the Mavic and RC wireless (as when i fly), or separately connect the RC and Mavic to the phone? a few days before i started a thread about this, but sadly nobody gave answer. maybe you can help me. i hope... thank you for your attention!

regards, mlaczek

hi svavar,

in this process i have to connect the Mavic and RC wireless (as when i fly), or separately connect the RC and Mavic to the phone? a few days before i started a thread about this, but sadly nobody gave answer. maybe you can help me. i hope... thank you for your attention!

regards, mlaczek

You just do everything as pre-flight. Connect smart device to RC and mavic to RC. And start the process, it'll do the rest for you. You don't have to worry about updating the Mavic and RC seperatly.

Reactions: mlaczek
You just do everything as pre-flight. Connect smart device to RC and mavic to RC. And start the process, it'll do the rest for you. You don't have to worry about updating the Mavic and RC seperatly.

sincerely thank you for your answer! i appreciate it!

so let's see, i understand it perfect. i connect my phone to RC with usb cable, then the RC to the Mavic wirelessly, and i choose in the downgrade menu the firmware what i need. first i downgrade the Mav, and then the RC separately. it's right?

i'm just ask it, because in the past i had problem with FW up/and downgrade in assistant and in GO4 app also. at home i have just wifi connection to the internet (USB wifi stick in my PC, and always i had wifi connection lost among router and PC during upgrade). so now i would like to try down/upgrade on 4G with GO4 app.

first i downgrade the Mav, and then the RC separately. it's right?

No, this is just one procedure. The firmware update process will do both rc and mavic at once, you just have to connect it.

Yes you connect rc and phone with USB and rc to mavic wireless. Just as you're going to fly.

(This process is different if you use dji assistant in computer, than you'll do mavic and rc seperatly)

Reactions: Robbyg and mlaczek
No, this is just one procedure. The firmware update process will do both rc and mavic at once, you just have to connect it.

Yes you connect rc and phone with USB and rc to mavic wireless. Just as you're going to fly.

(This process is different if you use dji assistant in computer, than you'll do mavic and rc seperatly)

thank you very much for your help! now i send a virtual friendly hug for you ;)
giphy.gif

Reactions: JLane and Red_Raven
Great thread, thanks for the information. I upgraded to .550 and wished I hadn't because it was solid in .400 which it shipped with but was a little flaky in .550, with with occasional scrambled video feed and dropped app connection. The downgrade was simple and I'm happy to be back on .400. I won't be upgrading again until I'm forced to or a FW which is proven to be better is released.

Great thread, thanks for the information. I upgraded to .550 and wished I hadn't because it was solid in .400 which it shipped with but was a little flaky in .550, with with occasional scrambled video feed and dropped app connection. The downgrade was simple and I'm happy to be back on .400. I won't be upgrading again until I'm forced to or a FW which is proven to be better is released.

I've tried all the latest upgrade since .400 and all it got me was a few scare moments and few downgrade moments.

I'm giving up on "new fancy things" when it comes to dji and firmwares..... I'm staying on.400 until some version proven rock solid...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradl