DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

4200m altitude with DJI Mavic drone (?!)

Gringorio

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I was searching youtube for any altitude tests with the Mavic and found the following video. 4200m = nearly 14000'. If this video is real it suggests that there are no altitude limits on the Mavic. What do you guys think?

The Mavic cannot fly higher than 500 meters above the takeoff point. There's no getting around that one. Well, no way other than creating a fake video like that one :)

The Mavic cannot fly higher than 500 meters above the takeoff point. There's no getting around that one. Well, no way other than creating a fake video like that one :)

Thanks for clearing that up!

Definitely fake.. There is no way that the mavic can accend that quickly even in speed mode....

I'm hearing reports of many fake Mavic videos which are created solely to increase clicks.

Yeah, Google/YouTube need to get there heads around the fake videos or it will destroy the whole thing. I mentioned a while back that some guy/group was spamming YouTube with clickbait posts purporting to be about the Mavic Pro but were, as best I can tell, actually some kind of pron. Can't say for sure as I didn't want to give them even a single click.

But it's worse than that as there are folks out there stealing other peoples videos, re-branding it as there's, and uploading to YouTube. So, you wind up seeing someone else's work being stolen for there clicks and adding a huge pile of useless videos that you have to sort through. Most of those videos purporting to be about the Mavic Pro are not about the Mavic Pro at all so they are just confusing the picture.

This is really pissing me off...

Brian

Yeah, Google/YouTube need to get there heads around the fake videos or it will destroy the whole thing. I mentioned a while back that some guy/group was spamming YouTube with clickbait posts purporting to be about the Mavic Pro but were, as best I can tell, actually some kind of pron. Can't say for sure as I didn't want to give them even a single click.

But it's worse than that as there are folks out there stealing other peoples videos, re-branding it as there's, and uploading to YouTube. So, you wind up seeing someone else's work being stolen for there clicks and adding a huge pile of useless videos that you have to sort through. Most of those videos purporting to be about the Mavic Pro are not about the Mavic Pro at all so they are just confusing the picture.

This is really pissing me off...

Brian

Unfortunately, Google/YouTube admins have no way of telling which are real Mavic videos and which are not.

Unfortunately, Google/YouTube admins have no way of telling which are real Mavic videos and which are not.

Yeah, I'm not so sure about that. Google exists because they have smart people that know how to sift through data and find patterns that can be used to there profit. How hard would it be to build an algorithm to search for videos with a similar fingerprint to existing videos and correlate that with one user uploading many videos that match parts of other peoples videos and uploading them in short order. Me thinks they know how to do it but haven't felt any desire to do so.

Brian

I don't think Google/YouTube really cares if the videos are real or fake -- unless of course it violates their TOS in some way.

I don't think Google/YouTube really cares if the videos are real or fake -- unless of course it violates their TOS in some way.

That's very likely, at this point it's not there problem as they make money from views no matter who's video it actually is. My guess is that at some point some of the bigger YouTube stars make take Google to court for not doing anything about it and Google might just have to do something at that point.

So, in summary, Google almost certainly can do something to reduce this problem though it is unlikely they could eliminate it. Also, at this point they don't care as they're making money either way.

Brian

Google probably has bigger fish to fry.

Why would Google give a ****?

You clicked on it, watched it, probably watched an ad or two in the process... that's all that matters

It looks like it was done with a P2 (no height restrictions) and GoPro (fish eye).

I took my P3A up to 37,000'. It was in the luggage bin all the way to Sydney AU. :rolleyes:

Do I win??

Looks like this is recorded in the Netherlands.
In one of his other video's I see some Dutch writing on a board.

Looks like this is recorded in the Netherlands.
In one of his other video's I see some Dutch writing on a board.
It's obviously not a Mavic. You can see the fish eye recording when he comes down out of the clouds. Just another internet liar...

I was searching youtube for any altitude tests with the Mavic and found the following video. 4200m = nearly 14000'. If this video is real it suggests that there are no altitude limits on the Mavic. What do you guys think?

Definitely not a Mavic - look at the fish eye distortion at the end of the video.
Shot on a GoPro probably on a self build platform.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bahamaboy242