DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

4K Video - Poor Quality / intermittent staggering when played back

Col@Medlow

Reactions
Hi Folks, I have been flying my new Mavic Pro for about 1 week and attempting to set up my camera for best quality video and would appreciate some experienced DJI and Mavic users advise (past experience with 3DR Solo / GoPro).
The Mavic video playback on my HP ProBook is very jerky / stops and staggers intermittently on settings - 4K-3840X2160 @ 24 & 25 fps / MP4 & PAL (I live in Australia). The playback through the DJI App is also jerky although I assume this to be normal.
I then reduced the video size to 2.7K-2720X1530 @ 25 fps, with all other settings the same, and the video quality is smooth (print screen settings attached).
Can anyone suggest what I may be doing wrong in setting-up camera for 4K videos or should I just stick with 2.7K?
P.S: the HD > Imaging Transmission setting is - Normal Mode.

Attachments

• IMG_0504.PNG
    IMG_0504.PNG
    2.3 MB · Views: 62
Are you using the supplied sd card or have you changed it ??

I am using the original SD card although can only download to my laptop using the cable attached to the mavic. Tried to insert the micro SD in an adaptor and download although the SD port on the laptop is not working.

Last edited:
If it's jerky then the pro book isn't making it. I'm not familiar with the pro book but you should try running the 4k video through your editor and then converting it first to see if can smooth out and still run and watch smooth 4K. Then if it's still jerky, take it back down to 2.7 or less if needed until it runs smooth. Because I load to YouTube, I run 1080 mostly because of the size of the files to upload. I'll run 4K sometimes but need to convert it to H264 to run smooth on my old laptop. If I don't convert, it jerks to death, but once I do, it's all good. Depending on the editor, you may need to lower the preview res in the small screen to watch and edit smoothly.

How are you viewing the video - have you downloaded it from the card?
USB2 connections aren't fast enough for 4K and even a USB3 card reader might be borderine - so playing from the card or USB from Mavic won't work properly.

If you have downloaded it, trying a different player might help, I actually find the Windows Media Player is pretty good but you can download free alternative e.g. VLC and thy will come with latest codecs hopefully.

I am using the original SD card although can only download to my laptop using the cable attached to the mavic. Tried to insert the micro SD in an adaptor and download although the SD port on the laptop is not working.
Move your media on an external drive. That should improve playback a lot.

Thanks
I am new to editing video and will give it a go. What program do you use?
I have Power Director and Adobe Premier. Both work fine but I've used power director for years so that's my go too. I've just started learning Adobe Premier.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser