DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

4K video

seam108

Reactions
So I shot in 4K and I use Final Cut Pro x. When the video is paused it looks great! But when I am playing it it is blurry. Any ideas?? I am obviously doing something wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

If you're talking about playing it back when you're editing then it might compromise the resolution to keep up with the frame rate - it's not really blurry. However, if you've rendered out something as a finished clip or film and it's still blurry, look at your settings to see if you are downgrading your resolution in any way during the rendering process.

If you're talking about playing it back when you're editing then it might compromise the resolution to keep up with the frame rate - it's not really blurry. However, if you've rendered out something as a finished clip or film and it's still blurry, look at your settings to see if you are downgrading your resolution in any way during the rendering process.

Looks like it had zoomed in one step. Arrrgh! I'm such a newbie. Sorry! Still learning both.

Reactions: PeterG
Seems like most of my stuff will be on vimeo and Facebook so probably 1080p will be just fine anyway. Got to figure out the higher FPS now. I'm guessing for faster moving objects?

Yeah - vimeo does it's own conversion/processing too, not sure what we'd lose during that process.
And I agree! If it's just for web you might as well stick with 1080p or the next resolution up, it'll save a bunch of space and the editing programs will have less to choke on.
I usually try to shoot 24fps with a 50 shutter speed for the more cinematic look, where motion will blur. If you want crisper images with less motion blur, increase your shutter speed. You may need to bump up ISO or other settings to still get the look/lighting you want.
Happy Flying!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61