DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

4K viewing issues

Lathus

Reactions
So I'm having some issues viewing my 4K footage on my laptop.
I have a 2012 version macbook pro, Ive upgraded things here and there, never had any issues.

I've read a little bit about needing a program like go pro quik to view it properly.

Any advice about what you guys use would be helpful, I just got my MP last week and I've put 8 miles on it so far!

So I'm having some issues viewing my 4K footage on my laptop.
I have a 2012 version macbook pro, Ive upgraded things here and there, never had any issues.

I've read a little bit about needing a program like go pro quik to view it properly.

Any advice about what you guys use would be helpful, I just got my MP last week and I've put 8 miles on it so far!

What resolution are you shooting in as I have issues with direct playback to my TV if I use the highest cinematic setting? I reverted to the standard 4K.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Sounds like your laptop isn't capable. I hate the late Sept 2011 MPB and it could only handle 1080p 60fps on a low playback setting. That was an i5, 8GB RAM with Intel 3000 graphics. When I upgraded it to an SSD it would playback fine on that resolution. I've now got an Alienware 17 R3 i7 quad-core with 16GB RAM and GTX970 graphics card and can playback 4k on highest playback resolution.

Download the GoPro app and change the playback to lowest-resolution. If it plays back better than before then it's hardware related which I defo think it is.

Sounds like your laptop isn't capable. I hate the late Sept 2011 MPB and it could only handle 1080p 60fps on a low playback setting. That was an i5, 8GB RAM with Intel 3000 graphics. When I upgraded it to an SSD it would playback fine on that resolution. I've now got an Alienware 17 R3 i7 quad-core with 16GB RAM and GTX970 graphics card and can playback 4k on highest playback resolution.

Download the GoPro app and change the playback to lowest-resolution. If it plays back better than before then it's hardware related which I defo think it is.

So yeah my MBP is the same as yours its a late 2011, i thought it was a 2012. Anyway it also has 8gb ram and I installed a 500gb samsung evo SSD a while ago. It still runs fast and smooth. Its about time to upgrade but for regular stuff its just fine.
Ive read around that it may have something to do with Quicktime or a media player not able to handle the 4k playback. I downloaded the Gopro quik app and I can't get it to upload to the program. So not sure what the deal is there (its in a MOV file).

What resolution are you shooting in as I have issues with direct playback to my TV if I use the highest cinematic setting? I reverted to the standard 4K.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

After some testing.. it seems that the only format that gives me issues is the highest 4k format available. The 2k format seems to be going just fine. As well as all the others.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmikebennett