DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

5d button won't zoom

Bracco

Reactions
Okay so I have the 5d button set to "up-zoom in" and "down-zoom out". It's just not working. I can zoom in by cropping with two fingers on screen but the button won't control the zoom. I even tried all directions of the button with different functions and they are all working, so it's not the RC itself. I am under 4k resolution (tried in 2.7k and 1080) so I know that's not it either. I literally just went and exchanged my Mavic at Best Buy a few hours ago because I thought it was defective. Now the one I got is doing the exact same thing. Does anyone know why? Is there some other setting that may have gotten changed to cause this? Thanks in advance for any help with this.

Out of the box, left and right on the 5d button zooms in and out. Did you try that before making changes on your 2nd unit?

So we are all straight what mode do you have your camera set at? I know " I tried" you can't zoom in 4K and I don't think that it's possible in 2.7k either. I know in 4k it came up on the screen zoom not possable in 4K. I would start in a lowwer setting and "1080p" and see if it works.

I tried left and right zoom out of box with first unit and it worked. Switched to up and down and it still worked. Then it just stopped. As far as second unit, it didn't work either way. I am trying in 1080 and 2.7k, which both worked before. When i started up the new unit my settings were still the same as old unit. Saved through the app i guess. Which is why im thinking it may have been some other setting i changed that is causing it, but I can zoom by cropping on screen so it doesn't make any sense.

If it functioned before you made changes than it probably is something simple that you are overlooking
Maybe someone who has had this problem will chime in

Well if it's the update then hopefully they'll fix it in the next one. Why can't they just leave the ******* thing alone. A new version every week. It's really pretty ridiculous. I love the Mavic but DJI is ******* annoying with all their ********.

Last edited by a moderator:
Brocco are yo on 4.1.0 if so than that might explain it

I am. Should I not be? I just update whenever it tells me so I don't have to worry about there being a problem with the drone and them not honoring warranty or Care Refresh for some stupid reason like app version.

I am having the same problem. Curious to as what phone you are using? Mine was working in all modes until I uninstalled the app yesterday and then installed and logged in. I did the latest firmware update a few days ago as well. I have a Samsung S8+. My brother has a Pixel and he did the updates and his is working fine.

There is a lot of debate on updating. Personally I do not right away. I am on app 4.0.8 and fw .400. When I moved to fw .600 mavic scared the crap out of me so I returned to .400 and plan on staying here. I don't think care refresh is affected by what fw you are on,if I am wrong hopefully someone will inform us. .400 has been very reliable for me.

I'm using the Samsung galaxy s6 edge. But I feel like this is a control going straight from the RC to the camera so phone shouldn't really affect it. Also, how would I go back to earlier firmware and version of the app if I chose to do so. I'd really just like to try the older version of the firmware to see if I have the same problem there. If not, then we will know what the problem is.

I'm using the Samsung galaxy s6 edge. But I feel like this is a control going straight from the RC to the camera so phone shouldn't really affect it. Also, how would I go back to earlier firmware and version of the app if I chose to do so. I'd really just like to try the older version of the firmware to see if I have the same problem there. If not, then we will know what the problem is.
DJI assist 2 can be downloaded to your computer ,it has all the other fw but if I understand correctly if you update app to 4.1.0 you can no longer go back in fw. There is a member that locked .400 and said anyone can go back using it. Look for a thread on here and message the guy he may be able to help if
Assist 2 does not work.

On the home scene in the app there is a menu icon top right , try holding it for 3 seconds and fw selection pops up on older app not sure on 4.1.0

No wonder my zoom didnt work also. I thought the apps was crashed or something...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmikebennett