DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

62.5 mph maximum speed, level flight, no wind?!?!

maxfaxdude

Reactions
I'm new to this forum and this is my first post. The Mavic is my first drone and I've had it for about a month. Finally switched it into sport mode today and at full throttle in level flight it read 62.5 mph horizontal speed. There was no wind and after about a minute of flying at 60+ mph I got a rapid battery discharge warning which remained for about 10 seconds until I slowed down. I thought the maximum speed was about 40 mph. Has any one else experienced this?

ditto.....even if you select "Imperial" the App displays kph values for horizontal speed. It is a known issue....62kph = 39mph (approx)

If you check it carefully it actually displays 1.5 time mph which is close to kmh but not the same (1.61). About time it was fixed along with the moving map.

If you check it carefully it actually displays 1.5 time mph which is close to kmh but not the same (1.61). About time it was fixed along with the moving map.

Yes this is correct. It is not 1.61x off - only 1.47x. Originally the problem was only in sport mode but 01.02.900 caused it to be in all modes.

Here is my thread about it from Nov 4. Speed in Sport Mode is incorrect in Go app
Look at the pictures in post #7 which shows how I got 1.47.

It's been 2 months almost since I got my Mavic and it's been broken all that time. I've gotten used to it, but come on?! It's got to be a super easy bug to fix. Just multiplication.

I'm new to this forum and this is my first post. The Mavic is my first drone and I've had it for about a month. Finally switched it into sport mode today and at full throttle in level flight it read 62.5 mph horizontal speed. There was no wind and after about a minute of flying at 60+ mph I got a rapid battery discharge warning which remained for about 10 seconds until I slowed down. I thought the maximum speed was about 40 mph. Has any one else experienced this?
I am getting around 40mph at full throttle, sport mode.

It's got to be a super easy bug to fix.

There are many folks (including myself) who report that the overall and individual drone tabs show a "highest altitude" that is a negative number. Different negative numbers, even for one-drone owners. The software is not DJI's strongest pursuit.

I have been flying Litchi more often and relying on HealthyDrones to keep my overall flight statistics. These guys live for data crunching and are willing to improve their reports when shown to be inaccurate or incomplete.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000