DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

7.1KM DISTANCE RUN IN CE MODE!!

Jordan

Reactions
Hi Everyone,

So happy thats I've managed to go 7.1km out with the Mavic in CE MODE that is supposed to only be able to achieve 4km vs FCC mode that can do 7km! Check out the video I've uploaded to Youtube with the overview of the whole flight! These little guys are amazing!!!

Thanks

CE - European certification
FCC - North American Certification

That's great! You were going out that far no matter what using Waypoint mode like that. Nice. Then you saw how well it was working and switched back to FPV mode for the return. Very cool. I tried a distance flight once and turned around at 6.8km. Yes it's an amazing little piece of technology.

Reactions: Jordan
Is there a switch where I can toggle between CE and FCC or what?

Sent from my SM-G935F using MavicPilots mobile app
No unfortunately as above its based on your GPS location. The problem being it limits the power your controller outputs signal wise. IN FCC mode you get 24dbi of power and in CE mode you only get 20dbi which in DBI terms in supposed to nearly half your distance.

Reactions: younumpty
Hi Everyone,

So happy thats I've managed to go 7.1km out with the Mavic in CE MODE that is supposed to only be able to achieve 4km vs FCC mode that can do 7km! Check out the video I've uploaded to Youtube with the overview of the whole flight! These little guys are amazing!!!

Thanks

Just a thought. Could you disable smart return to home in Litchi so you don't have to cancel the mission just to make the mission keep running?
Still very impressed. I'd have had an anxiety arrack do that myself !!

Edit to ask. Do you think the low clouds / mist above helped bounce the signal to allow that distance? Have flown mine in the USA big difference in range. Typically at home runs out of range at where it says it will. 4km or so.

Fly safe... :)

I do think weather conditions have a big impact on distance etc

Just a thought. Could you disable smart return to home in Litchi so you don't have to cancel the mission just to make the mission keep running?
Still very impressed. I'd have had an anxiety arrack do that myself !!

Edit to ask. Do you think the low clouds / mist above helped bounce the signal to allow that distance? Have flown mine in the USA big difference in range. Typically at home runs out of range at where it says it will. 4km or so.

Fly safe... :)
I think you might be right with LITCHI, I will do another test in the future disabling those features and go for a slight further distance when the weather improves a little.

I've performed a similar test without the mist and had the same result. I think the location is excellent for this type of test as the take off point has an excellent field of view.

Im trying to get my chops around this.
So by using Litchi you were able to fly further instead of DJI Go.
And in Europe we are limited to power of signal - so Litchi in waypoint mode from EU app store will allow you to fly further?

Hi Everyone,

Thanks
Excellent flight buddy

Reactions: Jordan
Hello Jordan
Wonderful range. WOW.
I watched both your 6KM and your 7.1KM videos and noticed the screens were totally different.
Were you using different apps on the 2 flights?
Thanks
Bernd

Im trying to get my chops around this.
So by using Litchi you were able to fly further instead of DJI Go.
And in Europe we are limited to power of signal - so Litchi in waypoint mode from EU app store will allow you to fly further?
Using Litchi I could set the speed at a constant rate which saved me from having to use my thumb for half of the flight but also saved power by not fluctuating the speed.
Litchi doesn't provide better range but a few features GO app doesn't.

Hello Jordan
Wonderful range. WOW.
I watched both your 6KM and your 7.1KM videos and noticed the screens were totally different.
Were you using different apps on the 2 flights?
Thanks
Bernd
Thanks pal, yes i used Go for the 6km and Litchi for the 7.1km. I used Litchi to try and make the whole trip automated which is more efficient however it didn't like it when it thought it needed to return home due to power remaining.

I guess I'll need to look into that Litchi app.
Will DJI honor the replacement warranty (if you have it) if you are using an after market app?
Thanks
Bernd

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Giku