DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

.700 is here "The-f-word" There is new firmware once again!

Well, I've forensically determined that the slow down and crash problem is a memory leak in DJI GO 4 v4.0.7.

I have no idea why firmware .700 makes is leak faster than .400. Also, this doesn't explain what the issues are with video streaming/rendering. However, it DOES point engineers to a very narrow, very fixable problem that would improve the performance of the app.

Reactions: geigy
No on 0600 it flies fine as there are no real app changes to affect it. I did use the new app on 0400 and i had no real issues. only thing i noticed was that the RC seemed to use far more power than on 0600. two flights would use somewhere around 45 percent. Two flights on 0600 uses maybe 30 to 35, but why that is i do not know.

i had no issues on the new app except some of the modes may not be compatible like fixed wing mode (although when i downgraded i believe that option disappeared anyway)

Maybe others had problems in some ways i never noticed or with modes i never used.

Well, I've forensically determined that the slow down and crash problem is a memory leak in DJI GO 4 v4.0.7.

I have no idea why firmware .700 makes is leak faster than .400. Also, this doesn't explain what the issues are with video streaming/rendering. However, it DOES point engineers to a very narrow, very fixable problem that would improve the performance of the app.

Yes glad i have gone back tp 600 actually i have not done a test since downgrade but last time i was on it signal degradation was pretty much back to 0400 standards. as i flew the Mavic pretty extensively on 0600 on 4 kilo and over flights i am more confident that the sudden loss of both RC and video will bring back some stability.

As said before by someone that small degradation is a great warning for turning around while still maintaining control. For me although it only happened once i had the same in 500 series firmware, i don't want to chance it again

Did 3 flights this morning, about one kilo out, no issues here. All working perfect as advertised on newest firmware. Running on Android smartphone, and never had a glitch. Very happy with results :)

Today I said I would test the .700. I did the update from .400 through the Assistant on my Mac for both the Mavic and the controller. Then I reset all settings to default. On the controller the reset constantly failed. On my first test flight with .700, I took off and send it at around 180m altitude. Then started a straight flight on P mode but the Mavic was slightly drifting. It was responding to my control but it was heading to somewhat different direction that straight. Tomorrow morning I will do IMU calibration and try again. I haven't done compass calibration since Jan 3rd , when I bought it. Never needed.

I haven't used my drone in a couple months. I'm still at 1.03.0000. I've never had an issue. Is there any reason to update to another version?

After IMU calibration, I flown two batteries and no drifting or any other problem noticed. All flights were short distance so I didn't have the opportunity to check signal quality. So far all good. I will keep 0.700 firmware for a few more days and try to spend more time with it. So far all good.

This topic of crying for older firmware rings a bell.
I see it after every software update on mobile phone forums. People complaining that the old firmware gave them more juice, that the phone worked smoother, that it heated less... And then, when the second next one comes out, the previous was all of a sudden the best one, or at least not as bad as the latest one :)

Reactions: entity-unknown
Got an interferance warning just before take-off and shortly after lost video feed again.
This has now happened twice after upgrading to .700!
I have flown approx. 90 times before with older firmware and never seen this issue before .700.
Other than that .700 seems rock solid. Even my long lasting tilted gimbal issue when yawing is almost gone :)
(Using iPhone 7 Plus)

Yes it happened again. Lost video feed and initiated RTH mid air.
This has now happened every time I have been flying with GO 4 on my iPhone since the .700 upgrade.
I have never seen this error before .700.
The two first times there was an interference warning before but during my last flight there were no warnings!!
Strangely it did not happened while flying with Autopilot.
I am starting to loose trust in DJI's testing before they release new software.
Do anybody experience the same? If so are there any workarounds?

Think I will keep my bird grounded until DJI fix this. It is not fun to loose control while flying.

Out yesterday tracking down old abandoned railway tunnels in bushland. Lots of interference from old metal and trees around.
Upgraded to .700 as soon as it came out.
Have flown several hours now with absolutely no problems.

FWIW - I've flown a couple of longish flights with 0700 with no issues.

Maybe this is an iPhone issue? Are you guys using Android or iPhone?

Maybe this is an iPhone issue? Are you guys using Android or iPhone?
Did you try different channel, such as a custom channel just to test the results? I assume you're running it on auto, correct?

Did you try different channel, such as a custom channel just to test the results? I assume you're running it on auto, correct?
Yes it is set to auto. For whatever reason it can't be changed. Maybe some european thing??
The only thing that can be changed is the quality (Standard/HD). It is currently set to standard.

This topic of crying for older firmware rings a bell.
I see it after every software update on mobile phone forums. People complaining that the old firmware gave them more juice, that the phone worked smoother, that it heated less... And then, when the second next one comes out, the previous was all of a sudden the best one, or at least not as bad as the latest one :)

You're absolutely right. There are those of us that try and warn others about not being patient and wait and see before installing new firmware. I have seen this exact same issue take place on each dji model aircraft I have owned which is 5 now. It has been the same song & dance for each model.

So one person updates and makes 1 flight and post that there was no problems. In meantime others read this and jump on board. Then 3-4-5 days go by and some begin posting about issues they are now experiencing. Before you know it...the list of those with issues grows and grows.

Is there anyone with firmware that is prior to .0700 that has recently experienced ANY recent abnormal behavior over the past few days? I'm referring to noticing anything different from your usual flights?

If so, take a minute and post here what it is different, and if you have android or ios.

Reactions: Moviebuf2
Yes it is set to auto. For whatever reason it can't be changed. Maybe some european thing??
The only thing that can be changed is the quality (Standard/HD). It is currently set to standard.
Try clicking the CUSTOM button that appears after you click the HD icon. Then you can slide the highlighted box with the arrow at the top and bottom. That rectangle box will slide left and right. That window explains how to determine high interference so you can avoid those channels, but auto should avoid them automatically. I'm only suggesting a custom channel as something to "try", not that I expect it to be a solution. Have you been able to resolve this issue at all?

My Mavic has .700 firmware, seems to work fine for me. I just received a new craft from DJI as a replacement to my original that I sent in with a bad gimbal. When I got it I installed .700, and no problems so far, however I've only flown it 3 times so far.

700 HAS THE DJI BUG BUILT IN...MAYBE (Already sorry for the long post)

I have had my MP since April and have been on 700 fw since it came out and all has been great. 177 flights - 1,032,507 feet, no issues. I have 37 acres next to me and it is 4.69 miles from 1 medium airport and 4.93 miles from a non-tower, grass runway airport. Have talked to both and both said no need to call every time since I fly pretty much every evening after work and weekends and don't go above 400 feet. Never had a NFZ warning.

Took the MP to Florida last week and a couple of my fly zone apps said NFZ and couple said no NFZ. Tried it out, no warnings, no problems. Flew on the beach at sunrise with no one around, multiple flights, out 1400 feet out up 398 feet. No warnings, solid, flew great. Flew around the channel, same, no problems.

Got back home and took it out to my normal flight area and wa-la...Have a NFZ warning now.

NFZ 6.23.17.png

I just X'ed out and flew with no problems but kept popping up when I would get a little closer toward the airport. It didn't warn against the medium airport, just the unpaved airport???

Also if you look I was only 1209 feet away and already loosing 1 bar on reception and HD??? There is a lot of trees in between but I was at 228 feet high and I usually don't loose bars there until I get below about 30-40 feet. What the heck is going on?
App. 4.1.2
Aircraft .0700
App Database 01.04

I have always hit ignore updates, never turned on GEO System since I'v had it. I have used my wi-fi at times but not usually when flying, only to cache maps and read flight apps and read here.
How did it get there...sneak in while I was sleeping...sneak in sometime when I had wi-fi on... Maybe it's always been there!!!

I'm flying at another spot in the morning I'v been to before and will see what happens. Definitely won't take it over water till sure about NFZ, my confidence is lost. Bummer :((

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maviclake