DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

.800 firmware - battery update questions

Porto

Reactions
Anybody knows why the battery needs to be updated with .800?

For those who has updated, any difference in flying time? Did they tame down the power?

Is it now safe to push both sticks forward in Sports Mode? Anybody willing to give it a try? :)

My .800 firmware isn't available, does anyone know if DJI pulled it because of the re-binding issue?

For those who has updated, any difference in flying time? Did they tame down the power?

Is it now safe to push both sticks forward in Sports Mode? Anybody willing to give it a try? :)
I do not note any difference in flight time,yes is safe ,about stick.

The battery stores in its memory if the DJI NFZ regulations were accepted when you upgraded the firmware, that is the reason you can't revert NFZ after upgrading to .0800..
Any intent to downgrade to the previous firmware is futil. The battery can't be reverted to the previous firmware update.

The battery stores in its memory if the DJI NFZ regulations were accepted when you upgraded the firmware, that is the reason you can't revert NFZ after upgrading to .0800..
Any intent to downgrade to the previous firmware is futil. The battery can't be reverted to the previous firmware update.
Have you got a source for that? I'm surprised NFZ settings would be stored into the battery.
Especially considering batteries can be used with other aircraft.
And you would be able to bypass the protection using a battery with an older firmware.
And there are other, better ways to prevent rollback.

For those NOT in the know, someone posted this on FB and I found it helpful as I didn't know the procedure. To correctly update your batteries firmware, once you have completed the latest update, and rebooted your Mavic. Remove the battery and replace with your spare, power on while in the update screen on your mobile device (connected to your controller) and wait a few moments, and you will be prompted to upgrade the firmware on your battery. It takes no more than 2 minutes or so, and will say completed when done, rinse and repeat with each additional battery.

Reactions: scooot
Have you got a source for that? I'm surprised NFZ settings would be stored into the battery.
Especially considering batteries can be used with other aircraft.
And you would be able to bypass the protection using a battery with an older firmware.
And there are other, better ways to prevent rollback.
Batteries don't store the NFZ Settings.. only a non reversible Flag that lets the device know that the .800 firmware update has already been implemented throughout the drone's lifetime. You can't use old batteries to bypass the firmware recognition software, if you try to do that... you'll receive a message saying "inconsistent firmware".

I cant recall ever having been asked to update the FW in my batteries or getting an "inconsistent firmware" message.

Batteries don't store the NFZ Settings.. only a non reversible Flag that lets the device know that the .800 firmware update has already been implemented throughout the drone's lifetime. You can't use old batteries to bypass the firmware recognition software, if you try to do that... you'll receive a message saying "inconsistent firmware".
I'm curious. What is their rationale? And that means you can't use an "upgraded" battery on Mavics with an older firmware?

I didn't notice any difference in flying time. Infact I didn't notice any difference at all with the ac, app or battery before and after upgrading all to the latest.
Flying great as it always did.

I didn't notice any difference in flying time. Infact I didn't notice any difference at all with the ac, app or battery before and after upgrading all to the latest.
Flying great as it always did.
Well, if there is no difference at all (in a positive way), then there is no reason to upgrade. .700 is working just fine. I also have a P4P which luckily I haven't upgraded yet. Seems it mostly give you problems than benefits.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803