DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

.800 Firmware Experiences

hookalakupua

Reactions
  • Update on iPad Retina took 17 minutes and had zero issues.
  • Various settings seem to have defaulted back to manufacturer defaults.
  • I am within 5 miles of several hospital landing pads and 1 airport. In .700, I had to turn off the GEO System in order to take off from my home.
  • After an initiated take off, everything seemed ok except that the MP seemed to be a bit unstable in zero wind conditions while hovering. Nothing major but just a bit off. Hard to explain.
  • After take off, I attempted to switch to 4K filming but there was no option for it. I'm assuming there's a setting I have wrong and will look for it.
  • While flying, I attempted to switch to sport mode but was unable. See the attached photo.
  • While flying, I also received the attached message when returning home about "Intelligent Flight Mode." This didn't display during takeoff.
  • The various modes seem to be ok so far.
  • Massive concern is that the MP is definitely less responsive. Braking took a subjective 10-15ft to stop in zero wind conditions. When yawing right or left, it took approximately 5-10ft to stop. There was a definite delay not in response to the command/controls but in order to come to a stop. Before the update, it was at least half that distance. I almost crashed when coming in to land as wasn't prepared for it. I'm hoping it's a setting as well.
  • The responsiveness and speed in regular mode seems to be dialed down as well. Again, not sure how to explain except to say it's not as "Snappy" as it used to be.
Hope that helps as I'm headed back out. Let me know if there are any questions or things you want tested.
IMG_0438.png IMG_0437.png IMG_0436.png
Update:
Just went out to fly it again and immediately received a message stating:
"Inconsistent Firmware Found". See picture below. I followed the instructions and after 2 minutes it completed some sort of upload. It was completed without a wireless or cellular connection.

*The flight in my post above was done after the update and without a wireless or cellular connection as well.

After this second update, the 4K video option appeared. I was also able to fly in Sport Mode after making the adjustment in the app so that is no longer an issue.

The big issue continues to be the lag in response to braking. The speed in normal mode also seems to be slower to react as well. In sport mode, everything seems great.

I can definitely tell that the MP is braking softer in all directions and that's the reason for the extended travel or sliding effect. Does anyone know if I might be able to correct this on the controls?
ff.png

The 4k option is tied to disabling HD transmission mode in your settings.

I noticed all my controls adjsutments (EXP, Gain, Sensitivity) reset to default - if you previously bumped those up you may need to readjust them to get the same response you're used to.

Advanced modes were also disabled after the upgrade, I had to enable them manually.

The 4k option is tied to disabling HD transmission mode in your settings.

I noticed all my controls adjsutments (EXP, Gain, Sensitivity) reset to default - if you previously bumped those up you may need to readjust them to get the same response you're used to.

Advanced modes were also disabled after the upgrade, I had to enable them manually.
Thanks! I don't think I did but I'll play with it to see what I can do. Any suggestions? Thanks

Updated to 0800 using Windows app, remote then mavic, then swapping batteries two more times to get them updated, flawless upgrade process, which is huge improvement as compared to when I up'd to 0700.

Recalibrated.

Took her out for a burn. Braking, as mentioned, had been softened. I am very glad about that, because the hard braking of previous firmware was very annoying, now its smooth. It is fairly windy today somewhat stormy, and she was jerking all around beautifully fighting it. I wasn't getting wind warnings like I would have on 0700 in even less windy conditions, which surprised me, because she was getting hammered pretty good, but wasn't drifting so I guess maybe it takes a real drift now to trigger a warning? Sport mode was definitely sporty! EDIT: apparently she hit 65.52 km/h at some point...

As mentioned, a lot of user settings got wiped.

So far so good with 0800!

0800pepewind.jpg

Last edited:
Updated to 0800 using Windows app, remote then mavic, then swapping batteries two more times to get them updated, flawless upgrade process, which is huge improvement as compared to when I up'd to 0700.

Recalibrated.

Took her out for a burn. Braking, as mentioned, had been softened. I am very glad about that, because the hard braking of previous firmware was very annoying, now its smooth. It is fairly winding today somewhat stormy, and she was jerking all around beautifully fighting it. I wasn't getting wind warnings like I would have on 0700 in even less windy conditions, which surprised me, because she was getting hammered pretty good, but wasn't drifting so I guess may it takes a real drift now to trigger a warning? Sport mode was definitely sporty!

As mentioned, a lot of user settings got wiped.

So far so good with 0800!

View attachment 14624

Great nickname! And, Welcome! If, by that picture you posted, you are catagorizing your winds as "fairly windy" you must live in a very windy area.

Reactions: Pathogen
Great nickname! And, Welcome! If, by that picture you posted, you are catagorizing your winds as "fairly windy" you must live in a very windy area.

Thanks buddy! Well those little trees probably make the wind seem stronger than it was, while the evergreen adults weren't doing much but dancing a little bit, but yeah, it does blow here often enough to keep 'Pathogen' grounded now and then, or at least low altitude. I think it is good experience to test the Mavic in wind and get a sense of just what the affects are. One thing I am curious about is can she recover from being inverted. Any takers? :)

Enable multiple flight modes which defaulted to 'off' then you can go 'Sport'... as you mentioned, a lot of the settings do go back to default.

Reactions: hookalakupua
Was a fairly straightforward update for me. Noticed some photo settings had gone back to default.

Will test out tomorrow to see what all this braking slowness is about.

Enable multiple flight modes which defaulted to 'off' then you can go 'Sport'... as you mentioned, a lot of the settings do go back to default.
Yeah I finally figured that part out after the first flight. :) I'm a bit slow! haha

i am not sure what we are having more off right now elections or updates. i mentioned two weeks ago that 0600 frimware flashed something to my rc and phone with no connection and was told that was impossible. Which was funny as then i got these warnings about smart RTH being limited as well as flight modes. Seemed no one could make out what they were or why i was having them.

seemed i was one of the first and i believe that even without connection what happened was that the 0600 FW was able to communicate with the app and RC when they were all connected and something was released from the 0600 FW in the mavic to the app. Updating the app made no difference nor did the logging in etc.

so i tried downgrading the FW and keeping the latest app i went down to 0550 but still no change.
Then i remembered my old Samsung S6 edge was laying around with DJI go 4 ver 06 so i went out for a flight on that app.

i had no NFZ stuff on that app so far, Now IOS was supposed to be the best and right now i find i am having to put away my 7plus i bought for the Mavic and fly it on a Samsung S6
Next test is to now delete the new app on my iphone 7 and see if i can downgrade to an earlier app. (it can be done i just have not tried yet).

• Just went out to fly it again and immediately received a message stating:
    "Inconsistent Firmware Found". See picture below. I followed the instructions and after 2 minutes it completed some sort of upload. It was completed without a wireless or cellular

• This was not just a FW update for the mav this time around it also included the rc, goggles and battery. I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume that you have more than one battery, if this is the case then each needs to be connected to the mav and powered on to receive the update. This is why you experienced the "Inconsistent Firmware Found" message.

Thanks! I don't think I did but I'll play with it to see what I can do. Any suggestions? Thanks
A few thoughts:

Braking
Check the Gain setting for Braking. I just checked mine, and it was at 130%, which will make it brake hard. I never set it there, that I can remember, but if that's not the usual default then I changed it back when I first set it up and forgot about it. You could in the same situation, and now it's reset to 100% because of the update.

Also, shot in the dark, is there some way you might be getting in Cinematic mode? Braking and general responsiveness are softened when flying this mode.

Sluggish response
Check EXP and make sure the stick curves match your expectation for "feel". The default setting (0.20) pushes the greatest control changes out to the second half of the stick movement, with the first half (pushed away from center) having a finer, more precise control behavior (for the same amount of stick movement, actual control change is smaller).

Changing this to flatten the curve, or even arch it the other way will make the controls feel "snappier" -- it will react quickly and with larger control changes (i.e. speed changes pitch changes for example) closer to center.

Also check Gain and Sensitivity to alter how fast or gentle the aircraft reacts to various inputs.

A few thoughts:

Braking
Check the Gain setting for Braking. I just checked mine, and it was at 130%, which will make it brake hard. I never set it there, that I can remember, but if that's not the usual default then I changed it back when I first set it up and forgot about it. You could in the same situation, and now it's reset to 100% because of the update.

Also, shot in the dark, is there some way you might be getting in Cinematic mode? Braking and general responsiveness are softened when flying this mode.

Sluggish response
Check EXP and make sure the stick curves match your expectation for "feel". The default setting (0.20) pushes the greatest control changes out to the second half of the stick movement, with the first half (pushed away from center) having a finer, more precise control behavior (for the same amount of stick movement, actual control change is smaller).

Changing this to flatten the curve, or even arch it the other way will make the controls feel "snappier" -- it will react quickly and with larger control changes (i.e. speed changes pitch changes for example) closer to center.

Also check Gain and Sensitivity to alter how fast or gentle the aircraft reacts to various inputs.

Braking is set to 130 % by default, Exp is set to 0.25. I dial my Exp down to 0.20 for roll..

• This was not just a FW update for the mav this time around it also included the rc, goggles and battery. I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume that you have more than one battery, if this is the case then each needs to be connected to the mav and powered on to receive the update. This is why you experienced the "Inconsistent Firmware Found" message.
When I used my 2nd Batt I got the FW update message too.

Bo

Bingo! That was exactly the issue. Just finished the rest. Thanks

A few thoughts:

Braking

Sluggish response

Fantastic! I just came in from a flight and it's getting dark but I'll check first thing in the morning and make the changes. Really appreciate the insight so thank you!

Reactions: Cut.Aussie
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calezu