DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

.900 still suffering from HDMI scaling issues for goggles

Cyberpower678

Reactions
I'm still suffering from the HDMI scaling issue I mentioned in the last thread. Seriously, DJI needs to fix this. It's majorly annoying.

So, are you trying to say that it's good in every way except HDMI scaling?

Reactions: Kilrah
Yes. And for me that's a deal breaker.

Yeah, I get that.....it can be subjective. My problem is the title of your post, which is misleading AT BEST, and in this message board world, somewhere someone is already spreading rumors about how not to upgrade to .900 because they saw an another board that it was garbage.

".900 is still garbage for HDMI scaling for the goggles" would have been much more accurate, no?

Yeah, I get that.....it can be subjective. My problem is the title of your post, which is misleading AT BEST, and in this message board world, somewhere someone is already spreading rumors about how not to upgrade to .900 because they saw an another board that it was garbage.

".900 is still garbage for HDMI scaling for the goggles" would have been much more accurate, no?
True.

Although since most of the other DJI drones do need the HDMI port I think scaling is a big issue not just for watching videos.

Rob

Although since most of the other DJI drones do need the HDMI port I think scaling is a big issue not just for watching videos.

Rob
We have a screenshot of what it looks like in the other thread. I just contacted DJI and told them of this problem and submitted a report, as well as forwarded a screenshot of what it looks like and how what FW introduced this problem.

We have a screenshot of what it looks like in the other thread. I just contacted DJI and told them of this problem and submitted a report, as well as forwarded a screenshot of what it looks like and how what FW introduced this problem.
what is the link to this thread.....I want to see what your talking about as I haven't really used the goggles with the HDMI input as of yet...so not sure if it is an issue for me or not.

Cyberpower... I noticed this same scaling problem with the goggles on .900. It's not 75% in my case, more like a very small border (perceived to be 1/8") around all four edges of the screen(s). I found it almost hard to notice...

Cyberpower... I noticed this same scaling problem with the goggles on .900. It's not 75% in my case, more like a very small border (perceived to be 1/8") around all four edges of the screen(s). I found it almost hard to notice...
I guess it depends on the person. I noticed it immediately and found it agonizing since it distracted me from the actual video. I guess 75% is a bit exaggerated, but that's how it feels to me.

I'm using old firmware and on my iPad and PS3 and it's fine the edge is barely noticeable. Do yourself s favor and use the Goggles for what they are intended for flying.

To me it's a step back using goggles to watch TV. What enjoyment is it to have this giant rig on your head with half the Rez of a good 4K monitor.

Regards Mike

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Esccueje