DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

$999 for this? About done with it.

Marc Hufnagel

Reactions
I've owned DJI and had a couple of the P2, P3's and a P4. All have had degrees of a tilted horizon from almost not noticeable unless you know it is there to this Mavic. Yes I know about IMU calibration and make sure it is dead nuts level, nothing anywhere nearby that is electronic and turned on and the good ole' gimbal calibration afterwards.

This is ridiculous on a CALM day. Looks the same whether I do a few 360's and also when moving forward. Its not a wind problem as I can rotate to any direction and it doesn't change. Calm today anyway.

Just venting and trying to decide what to do.

Just follow this short video

Reactions: Andrew F
Just follow this short video

Thanks but been there too - it won't save the gimbal roll adjustment from one power-on to another and sometimes loses it during the flight. I appreciate the tips here - been there and done that. My P4 was better than this and I am disappointed it is worse.

Oh in that case it needs replacing IMO ...

Thanks but been there too - it won't save the gimbal roll adjustment from one power-on to another and sometimes loses it during the flight. I appreciate the tips here - been there and done that. My P4 was better than this and I am disappointed it is worse.

Without hesitation RMA it back to DJI you have sufficient proof !
Sucks that you have to do this with a new product though but 1000$ isnt a joke !!

+-
Without hesitation RMA it back to DJI you have sufficient proof !
Sucks that you have to do this with a new product though but 1000$ isnt a joke !!

it came from the apple store and if they don't get one in they can grab for me and put my name on (business customer) then I'll just return and wait for another. Brand new is not going to equal back to DJI for repair of course. A month or two in maybe..

Mine drifted bad on the first flights and it was annoying, but IMU and gimbal cal solved it completely.

I don't think you watched or understood the video.
Gimbal roll adjustment is different to a gimbal calibration. Video is doing a calibration that has to be done a stable surface. Gimbal roll adjustments can be done in mid air.

You should also look into doing and IMU. The IMU is related to the 3 axis stabilisation system. It is easy do and much more beneficial. People should be doing more IMU calibrations as this resolves a ton of issues. DJI says not to, but I think BS. Find a stable levelled surface. Don't fly Mavic for an hour or 2. Keep it cool and do the calibration immediately when powered on - DO NOT let it warm up. Just follow the instruction on the screen as there is 5 stages. It should only take 2-3 minutes if done right.

Reasons why IMU calibrations should be done:
1. IMU was calibrated in CHINA - different climate. DJI reckons they do it in a controlled room. I think so, but I don't think they consider where and what altitude the mavic is getting sent to. If the Mavic is going to a colder climate, it can take up to 5 minutes to warm up.
2. Firmware update - when you first get your mavic, an update is required. Its best to recalibrate IMU after firmware updates.
3. Handling and Delivery - If dropped, the IMU sensors can get stuck.

Remember to do a gimbal and (optional) stick calibration after and IMU recalibration.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka