DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

A Case That Is Almost Big Enough

mfarris2

Reactions
IMG_2162.JPG dji-mavic-explorer-travel-case-hp-com.jpeg IMG_2162.JPG dji-mavic-explorer-travel-case-hp-com.jpeg Hello one and all. I know the Mavic is meant to be portable. But some of us just want to carry everything in our trunk to pull out at a moments notice. I searched for a case that would get the job done. I thought I had found such in an MC case. The case is called their Explorer Edition. It is a well made case that is manufactured in Germany.
I read and checked out all the pictures and specs and felt it would do the job. And it almost did.
I have the Fly More kit. I also have a iPad mini to use as a screen with an under and over the controller to mount the iPad mini. Some extended landing gear legs. Several cables. A shade for the iPad mini. I was able to get my car charger into the case.
The only thing I was not able to fit into the case was the A/C brick and four way battery charger. :(
It would have been the perfect case if it was about 6" longer. And it could have been about 3" deeper as the iPad mini and shade are a bit tight.
But for those that do not need to carry quite as much as I would like. This really is a quality German engineered case. It does cost a few dollars more than a Chinese made unit. But you know what they say,......you get what you pay for. And if I am going to pay $1000 for a drone,.....I don't want to skip on what protects it.View attachment 8110 View attachment 8111

I have the Nanuk 920 and like, but did see that exact case that my buddy got. I would have chosen it first. But, I have got to stop buying at some point. This $1000 drone has cost me so much more! But if anyone is looking, definitely check out this case.

Is your iPad mini in the case?

Yes,....it is right in front of the shade. (Shade protecting the screen with a red case around it.)

On a side note, I think the red foam is bleeding into your Mavics shell.[emoji33]

I noticed that as well. Now I have to buy a gray foamed case. :)

I have the Nanuk 920 and like, but did see that exact case that my buddy got. I would have chosen it first. But, I have got to stop buying at some point. This $1000 drone has cost me so much more! But if anyone is looking, definitely check out this case.

Thank you for your suggestion. I just checked the Nanak 920. They both are approximately in the same price range. But it appears that the MC case is actually a few inches larger. And I am actually hoping to find something even a bit larger.
If anyone has a case about 22" X 14" X 8" for the Mavic, then I would call that the perfect size. And I would love to purchase that case.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots