DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

A few Mavic photos

visualair

Reactions
So far, I am highly impressed with the Mavic. I do have an issue with the focus jumping out of infinity and me not noticing until too late, not sure why it does this, hopefully just a bug, but other than that, its a fantastic little drone.

Here are a few images... Mavic Images (7).jpg Mavic Images (8).jpg Mavic Images (10).jpg Mavic Images (11).jpg Mavic Images (1).jpg Mavic Images (2).jpg Mavic Images (5).jpg Mavic Images (9).jpg

Attachments

• Mavic Images (4).jpg
    Mavic Images (4).jpg
    909.3 KB · Views: 120
So far, I am highly impressed with the Mavic. I do have an issue with the focus jumping out of infinity and me not noticing until too late, not sure why it does this, hopefully just a bug, but other than that, its a fantastic little drone.

Here are a few images... View attachment 1809 View attachment 1810 View attachment 1811 View attachment 1812 View attachment 1805 View attachment 1806 View attachment 1808 View attachment 1813

Wow .. some really nice stills .. I can only imagine how the video would have been.. Thumbswayup

Reactions: mikeroycollins
Those photos were taken with a Mavic?? Awesome

WOW, really love the second pic. with the sun above the lighthouse!

May i ask what settings you used?

Thank you all. Settings its nothing special really, just RAW (obviously), I generally use a custom white balance because of filming, and expose for highlights. If you blow out highlights you are screwed, but bringing out details in shadows is much easier. If shooting into harsh Sun, then multiple exposures as the dynamic range on this sensor is quite weak, but adapt to its limitations and you can produce some really nice photos. I enjoy the challenge of getting the best out of something like this. Its not really that bad a sensor too be honest, if the codec was better implemented, the quality of film footage would be outstanding. I tried shooting with Jpeg so I could create a hyperlapse clip with shorter intervals and it is so disappointing, I don`t understand why they bog down the compression so much. Really odd considering it can shoot RAW photos and jpeg has such terrible compression and processing attributes.

Danpateyu, yes you can and its a great feature.

Thank you all. Settings its nothing special really, just RAW (obviously), I generally use a custom white balance because of filming, and expose for highlights. If you blow out highlights you are screwed, but bringing out details in shadows is much easier. If shooting into harsh Sun, then multiple exposures as the dynamic range on this sensor is quite weak, but adapt to its limitations and you can produce some really nice photos. I enjoy the challenge of getting the best out of something like this. Its not really that bad a sensor too be honest, if the codec was better implemented, the quality of film footage would be outstanding. I tried shooting with Jpeg so I could create a hyperlapse clip with shorter intervals and it is so disappointing, I don`t understand why they bog down the compression so much. Really odd considering it can shoot RAW photos and jpeg has such terrible compression and processing attributes.

Danpateyu, yes you can and its a great feature.
Please please please help me figure out how to take decent photos. Mine have been coming out awful

Night photography
021ca2362dab49fb3776c48d89692647.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Beautiful pictures!

Here's one of the best I've done from my first flight experimenting with the camera. Took this HDR photo at -0.7 EV, apparently. That seems to work well for sky-focused shots if I don't mind the ground being darkened quite a bit. 0 EV seems okay for just ground, with washed-out sky.DJI_0038.JPG

If anybody has some tips for getting a clear view of both ground and sky in one photo, I'm keenly interested in your technique. I've seen photos like it online, and am aware there may be post-processing needed, but have yet to learn more about the specifics. Thank you in advance.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozwaldcore