DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

A Little Yard Work . . . Mavic Line Lifter

sportfisher23

Reactions
So there I was parking the car deep in the yard and I happened to look up and there's a 6 foot long section of a longer tree branch that's splitting in 2 and looks ready to come down. It just looks like it's going to snap at any time. I move the car. This thing is like 40 + feet up and will do some damage.

Wait til it's really calm out. Connect a 2 oz fishing weight to a spool of 40 pound test fishing line. Use a twist tie to hang the weight off one of the 2 lugs at the back of the Mavic. They look custom made for banner towing or whatever ...
Put enough of a curve on the twist tie so it will break loose easily. Just enough strength to carry the weight.
Send the Mavic up and a little over and past the branch, step on the spool and snap, the weight comes down on the other side, Mavic flies free and I have a line over the branch.
Gave a bunch of good yanks on the branch which shook the tree but the branch split wouldn't break. I'll have to try this again in a couple of months. Until then, I don't feel like parking under there.
I have to try this sending up a lead line for pulling up Christmas lights.

vsk

I was going to do that initially but the 40 pound fishing line was plenty strong, the whole tree was swaying. I'll pull up some rope if I need more strength.

vsk

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oshgeo