DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do...

Stealthmatt

Reactions
So I am in Australia and the Mavics have been scarce...not even a hint in any of our apple stores here and dealers reporting 1 or 2 coming in if that.

It was mid afternoon and I was just casually browsing the DJI Mavic facebook group and there was a Mavic Fly more combo that a dealer had received and was on selling it for $200 extra (in the same city I am in) on consignment from someone else. (brand new - not used)

So what do I do???...knowing there is no Mavic's insight and my 2 pre-orders with local stores keep saying they will be coming... the chances of getting it before Christmas is not very high, especially that I pre-ordered a few weeks after the announcement.

I bit the bullet and forked out the extra $200... was I wrong to do this???

Absolutely not... I got the Mavic Fly more bundle, and it flies perfectly!!!! plus I got it from a local store in my own home town. They were even really nice to me and printed free controller stick protectors.

Would you pay an extra $200 to get the mavic in your hands now?

Reactions: McMavic and Kilrah
I've splurged an extra $600 for a combo on Nov.10th, DJI order arrived on the 24th. Got 4 hours of flight in places/conditions I wouldn't get again before one year in the meantime, and not regretting one bit, especially since it was flawless (none of the known occasional issues). The one from the DJI order has gone to a friend for normal price. Now $200 seems reasonable as availability has significantly increased.

So I am in Australia and the Mavics have been scarce...not even a hint in any of our apple stores here and dealers reporting 1 or 2 coming in if that.

It was mid afternoon and I was just casually browsing the DJI Mavic facebook group and there was a Mavic Fly more combo that a dealer had received and was on selling it for $200 extra (in the same city I am in) on consignment from someone else. (brand new - not used)

So what do I do???...knowing there is no Mavic's insight and my 2 pre-orders with local stores keep saying they will be coming... the chances of getting it before Christmas is not very high, especially that I pre-ordered a few weeks after the announcement.

Absolutely not... I got the Mavic Fly more bundle, and it flies perfectly!!!! plus I got it from a local store in my own home town. They were even really nice to me and printed free controller stick protectors.

Been there, done that!;)

I paid a premium for P3 batteries due to the shortage when they first came out. Hey, $200.00 is not a bad deal. I've seen lots of fly less packages going for $1500 or more on EBay!

Enjoy your Mavic, mine's coming tomorrow!

Reactions: dirkclod
They were getting alot of grief on facebook saying that for the extra $200 they can keep it - it sat for 4 hours before I saw it....

btw its $200 AUD ($147 USD)

I am probably one of the first in Australia to have one :D and its the fly more combo!!!

I wouldn't unless I knew it worked in all aspects. My luck, I'd pay the extra and end up sending it in right away due to some issue. That's just me, glad it worked for you though.

LOL, these people have no idea what they're missing :cool:

Yep I saw it for all of 10 seconds and called them and said I would take it! Drove there in 30 minutes (took the express tunnels) and had it in my hand.

It is so awesome!!

Here is a picture I took yesterday

mavic_city.jpg
(Click to enlarge)

I wouldn't unless I knew it worked in all aspects. My luck, I'd pay the extra and end up sending it in right away due to some issue. That's just me, glad it worked for you though.

They are an authorized dealer and it was brand new - in Australia we have 7 days to return for a full refund for dead on arrival or not fit for the purpose it was bought for. After the 7 days the 1 year warranty still applies but usually gets sent away. Still I knew within the first hour if it was going to fly!

...It was mid afternoon and I was just casually browsing the DJI Mavic facebook group and there was a Mavic Fly more combo that a dealer had received and was on selling it for $200 extra... plus I got it from a local store in my own home town...

Good for you, which dealer/store did you pick it up from?

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143