DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

A Mavic in Sri Lanka

Hey... I am also planning a trip to Sri Lanka. Is there any drone law or permit I need to get to bring my drone in? Esp the mavic

Reactions: Domaenico
Hi hellhole, you should avoid flying in the so called cultural triangle. Check it on the Internet. For example the famous Sigiriya rock is strictly not permitted to use a drone. I would not risk to get it confiscated. And I guess inside the national parks like yala or Udawalawe it is not allowed to not scare the animals. If you are looking for a place to stay in ella or near yala park, let me know. Had two very pleasant stays there.

Sent from my LG-H850 using MavicPilots mobile app

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing. It's really good! Did you use any color correction?

Hey. Glad you like the video!
I only put very slight color and contrast correction on the long distance shots since they seemed to be a bit pale compared to the strong green hiking and bridge/train scenes. These colours came directly from the mavic, really astonishing in my eyes. I don't know why they look much more colourful than the long distance shots. I cannot remember that I've changed any settings on the mavic during the day.

Hi hellhole, you should avoid flying in the so called cultural triangle. Check it on the Internet. For example the famous Sigiriya rock is strictly not permitted to use a drone. I would not risk to get it confiscated. And I guess inside the national parks like yala or Udawalawe it is not allowed to not scare the animals. If you are looking for a place to stay in ella or near yala park, let me know. Had two very pleasant stays there.

Sent from my LG-H850 using MavicPilots mobile app
Got it. I am also wondering if there was any questions or questioning when you enter the country with the mavic

Got it. I am also wondering if there was any questions or questioning when you enter the country with the mavic

Since the mavic has the size of a simple camera, no one asked any questions at the stop-over maskat in Oman or at Columbo airport.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair