DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

A Mavic in Sri Lanka

What a beautiful place - excellent edit - even the music seemed appropriate - nice work my friend

Reactions: Domaenico
Great video. I just came back from Sri Lanka and the Maldives and wish I had had the Mavic to take with me! What editing software do you use?

Nice video, I am also planning to take some footage with my Mavic in a tropical forest setting. Unlike me (a noob), I gather that you are experienced enough to fly drones!

One silly question if you don't mind. When you launch the Mavic from a tiny hilltop or ridge, and you set the RTH as for example, 30m.....how will the Mavic calculate the RTH? From the hilltop, or from the land below?

I wonder if the Mavic gets confused?

Great video. I just came back from Sri Lanka and the Maldives and wish I had had the Mavic to take with me! What editing software do you use?

Hi Louie and thanks for you nice feedback. Luckily my Mavic arrived in Germany 4 days prior to departure to Sri Lanka but I only had one chance to do a test flight at home.
I am using Premiere Pro for editing. Guess this software has much more options and tools included than I will ever use :)

Nice video, I am also planning to take some footage with my Mavic in a tropical forest setting. Unlike me (a noob), I gather that you are experienced enough to fly drones!

One silly question if you don't mind. When you launch the Mavic from a tiny hilltop or ridge, and you set the RTH as for example, 30m.....how will the Mavic calculate the RTH? From the hilltop, or from the land below?

I wonder if the Mavic gets confused?

Thanks for your comment testpilot.
Regarding your RTH question. The Mavic and I guess all of the higher level drones will record the starting gps position as RTH point, including all 3 axes so no worries, the zero level will always be at your hight of position :)

Stunning!

A place high on my list to travel too, this only adds to my desire to do so.

Well done

Hey guys... I have been getting conflicting info that flying anywhere in Sri Lanka is forbidden...
Hi hellhole. You need to request permission via the link below. The contact persons listed will give you a local address where you can pick up a paper as confirmation for private use of a drone. I got it for my trip but no one ever asked for it. People there are still very excited to see a drone so absolutely no negative experience made regarding the locals when using a drone.

Operations of Drones in Sri Lanka require approval from the CAASL

Sent from my LG-H850 using MavicPilots mobile app

Great... So it's not a ban on bringing to Sri Lanka. Okay. Thanks for the link!! I will apply one

Great... So it's not a ban on bringing to Sri Lanka. Okay. Thanks for the link!! I will apply one

But these guys are very slow and maybe you need to chase them a bit. Guess that's all new to Sri Lankan law.

Ha. I did write them an email about how do I apply and stuff previously..
Anyway thanks again.. I will keep asking

I'm heading over to Sri Lanka mid March. Planning on bringing the Mavic, but we'll see what the Sri Lankan officials say. I've sent an application so hopefully they will grant permission..

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom