DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

A quick question about balance...

dsmpampis

Reactions
In Germany with have to have a "license plate" on our drones, with our Name and address.

I've just bought mine and I want to put it on the left arm but I'm not sure if the plate will affect the balance of the drone. The plate weights almost 2 grams.

What do you think guys?
Is it better just to put it on the body of the Mavic?
46862964968105745ded5e997befe804.jpg

Its not going to affect your weight and balance at all no matter where you put it.

I would put it on the body of the Mavic so it doesnt get caught in the downwash of the props.

Reactions: dsmpampis
Its not going to affect your weight and balance at all no matter where you put it.

I would put it on the body of the Mavic so it doesnt get caught in the downwash of the props.

What do you mean when you say "downwash of the props" because I want to place it here.
a75432b2efee42ba350b1c28ef4fb1ef.jpg

If you are thinking it can affect the flight then fix it next the balance center of the drone. So in the body. The only risk you play is the coefficient of friction with the air.

I will be visiting Germany in 2 weeks for urlaub and I only have my FAA registration number and also my handi nummer. Here in the US they only want me to have my registration number accessible. I hope they don't give me a hard time because I don't have a plate with my name and address.

I will be visiting Germany in 2 weeks for urlaub and I only have my FAA registration number and also my handi nummer. Here in the US they only want me to have my registration number accessible. I hope they don't give me a hard time because I don't have a plate with my name and address.

Don't worry! I don't think that you're gonna have troubles. But you have to have an insurance.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair