DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

A small Winery wanted me do a video!

I dunno, but the first few frame of the video clearly show your camera is suffering from that dreaded "watercolor" effect. ;)

I dunno, but the first few frame of the video clearly show your camera is suffering from that dreaded "watercolor" effect. ;)

Yeah.. I wasn't too sure if I didn't focus right or if the camera settings we're not dialed in... I did have ND16 filter on and did a little post processing.

Yeah.. I wasn't too sure if I didn't focus right or if the camera settings we're not dialed in... I did have ND16 filter on and did a little post processing.

No, the video was perfect. I was just poking fun at the static, clearly modified image that had some sort of artistic watercolor filter applied. Early on, there were a number of MP owners who felt the pictures their units took had poor detail definition - particularly on trees - that looked similarly like watercolors. Your video is actually quite impressive.

Are you 107 certified? I wonder if doing "work" for a business but getting "paid" in some form other than dollars is a way to avoid running afoul of the regs. There is a local sunset dinner water cruise in Clearwater, FL that was refused a beer/liquor license and thus could not sell alcohol with the meals. So, they simply offer the wine selection for free. Of course, the price of the meal is higher to offset the 'free' booze. But it works.

No, the video was perfect. I was just poking fun at the static, clearly modified image that had some sort of artistic watercolor filter applied. Early on, there were a number of MP owners who felt the pictures their units took had poor detail definition - particularly on trees - that looked similarly like watercolors. Your video is actually quite impressive.

Are you 107 certified? I wonder if doing "work" for a business but getting "paid" in some form other than dollars is a way to avoid running afoul of the regs. There is a local sunset dinner water cruise in Clearwater, FL that was refused a beer/liquor license and thus could not sell alcohol with the meals. So, they simply offer the wine selection for free. Of course, the price of the meal is higher to offset the 'free' booze. But it works.

Ahh.. got it.. not 107 certified.. just doing the "will fly for wine" thing.. What I did for that effect was to take a still photo and run it through an Android App called PRISMA - they have a ton of art filters and then just transition the video to/from it.. It made it more interesting and was easy to do..

I've been thinking of coming to Napa to do some flying. Love that area. Very nice video.

Be careful zimode. Even tho you clearly didn't get paid compensation in dollars, the FAA/government can construe that wine as compensation and question you.

Some people say that even if you don't receive anything as compensation, if the winery uses your footage to advertise or promote their business, you will need to be 107certified. Just sayin...

Reactions: RobP62
Be careful zimode. Even tho you clearly didn't get paid compensation in dollars, the FAA/government can construe that wine as compensation and question you.

Some people say that even if you don't receive anything as compensation, if the winery uses your footage to advertise or promote their business, you will need to be 107certified. Just sayin...

Thanks for the heads up!

UPDATE - started the process.. just completed the part 107 online course.. now have to take the written knowledge test

Last edited:
Reactions: frankiez
Cool. I just finished my online course as well. Same-O. Gotta just go to the local testing site (Venice airport) and take the test. Good luck to you, zimode!

Cool. I just finished my online course as well. Same-O. Gotta just go to the local testing site (Venice airport) and take the test. Good luck to you, zimode!

Are you studying the Remote Pilot – Small Unmanned Aircraft Systems Study Guide - for the Knowledge test, it's a 87 page manual.. wasn't too sure if that's what part of the test is base on..

Are you studying the Remote Pilot – Small Unmanned Aircraft Systems Study Guide - for the Knowledge test, it's a 87 page manual.. wasn't too sure if that's what part of the test is base on..

I signed up for remotepilot101. I really enjoyed the course. I took the final exam (60question) and scored an 82%, 92% and a 95%. Each time the questions were mixed up. Some questions removed, some new ones added. I am scheduled to take the FAA test next Tuesday morning.

But I am starting to wonder if it's worth it to get the 107. With u needing a waiver from the FAA for just about everything and it taking 90 days to get approval, how is anyone expecting to get clients?

I signed up for remotepilot101. I really enjoyed the course. I took the final exam (60question) and scored an 82%, 92% and a 95%. Each time the questions were mixed up. Some questions removed, some new ones added. I am scheduled to take the FAA test next Tuesday morning.

But I am starting to wonder if it's worth it to get the 107. With u needing a waiver from the FAA for just about everything and it taking 90 days to get approval, how is anyone expecting to get clients?

I think you should OK with most "typical" situations.. but flying over sporting events or densely populated area's may be problematic, such as construction sites in cites.. I would imagine traditional avenues like "wedding photos", "real estate", "business events" wouldn't really require waivers.. I would hope not anyway.. Anyway, I'm guessing if Harrison Ford can land on a the wrong runway w/o any consequence.. we should be OK..

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J S