DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Aborting Landing No longer works for me

WIMMPYIII

Reactions
Has one of the new updates taken away the ability to abort landing?
Before i could come in for a landing and when i was 2ft off the ground i would hold down the stick to start landing but if at any time i did not like it i could push the stick up and it would respond and go back up.
Today when I tried this it no longer worked.
I could move the sticks left and right as it was landing but up does not work.
Either a glitch or new programming added in a update I really do not like this.
I remember reading someone else's post about the mavic doing an auto landing with similar control behavior accept from higher altitude, all other controls responded but up.

Has one of the new updates taken away the ability to abort landing?
Before i could come in for a landing and when i was 2ft off the ground i would hold down the stick to start landing but if at any time i did not like it i could push the stick up and it would respond and go back up.
Today when I tried this it no longer worked.
I could move the sticks left and right as it was landing but up does not work.
Either a glitch or new programming added in a update I really do not like this.
I remember reading someone else's post about the mavic doing an auto landing with similar control behavior accept from higher altitude, all other controls responded but up.

I believe sport mode toggle will cancel it.

Reactions: aesculus
No, that was my first thought too, but it did the same even in sport mode.
Just to clarify... Did you try flicking the switch during the autolanding to try and abort it? Or do you just mean that it still does the autolanding in Sport mode? Flicking the switch should have worked to abort, and it's currently the only way to do it (in v01.03.0500).

I actually started a thread on the DJI forums about it: Tip: How to Cancel Auto Landing in v01.03.0500

I have tried while in sport mode to abort landing.
I have not tried switching to sport mode during the auto landing being that it is only 2ft off the ground it would be hard to do. It isnt exactly a light switch that is easy to push. I certainly wouldn't want to rely on my ability to switch that on 6 inches from the ground during auto-land.
It is just nonsense, there is no reason to take the control away like that, it worked fine before.
It is tweaks like this that i cannot stand. I am expecting it to work reliably the same way and then one day it starts behaving completely different due to an update. I did not see this on a list of changes.
I am not even going to start the rant on how things move or disappear in the DJI app without explanation on every update.
Things like flight behavior especially when it comes to removing user control should be announce better.
I want control back, i am so annoyed.

Reactions: JLane
I started a thread several days ago. "Landing" It does appear you have to toggle the switch from sport or to sport from landing to abort auto landing. My issue was landing when pulling the left stick down over water,....even when high up. Have not had that issue over land and will not do the firmware update until they get rid of not being able to abort the auto landing by pulling up on the left stick. (Stupid to remove such)

I have tried while in sport mode to abort landing.
I have not tried switching to sport mode during the auto landing being that it is only 2ft off the ground it would be hard to do. It isnt exactly a light switch that is easy to push. I certainly wouldn't want to rely on my ability to switch that on 6 inches from the ground during auto-land.
It is just nonsense, there is no reason to take the control away like that, it worked fine before.
It is tweaks like this that i cannot stand. I am expecting it to work reliably the same way and then one day it starts behaving completely different due to an update. I did not see this on a list of changes.
I am not even going to start the rant on how things move or disappear in the DJI app without explanation on every update.
Things like flight behavior especially when it comes to removing user control should be announce better.
I want control back, i am so annoyed.

Agreed. It was a silly move to remove the ability, and far more stupid and dangerous move to not tell anybody about it!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61