DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Accurate Flight log, last location

when it lost signal, I do remember it saying it was initiallising Return to Home mode. But then I also remember it hovering over the middle of that garden parrallel to were it lost signal.
RTH it auto initiated 3 seconds after the remote controller disconnects from the Mavic.

Why did it just fly into the tree though, obstacle avoidance was on.....
There are various obstacle avoidance settings that need to be enabled. I'm guessing you might have forgotten to check those too since you did not set your RTH altitude. Even if all of the obstacle avoidance settings were enabled, it would still be possible to crash into a tree. The sensors are not perfect.

was it landing into the tree therefore didnt use obstacle avoidance?
Obstacle avoidance is not used when landing. I'm not sure why it would have been landing so far away from the home point. It should have been trying to return home.

So I suspect it wasnt trying to land and was simply returning to home and hit a tree, you are right I only checked the obstacle avoidance was on.

So as it lost signal at about 28ft high, then really I am looking for trees of that height as it should have just been on its way home and would have been going at that height all the way home, is that right?

Thanks

So as it lost signal at about 28ft high, then really I am looking for trees of that height as it should have just been on its way home and would have been going at that height all the way home, is that right?
Yes.

Reactions: barrybethel
Update.... Still lost... Took my friends drone out on Saturday see here . thought a birds eye view might help, cant see anything on it though. I looked again at the other garden, (further North on the pic) no dogs in there and very overgrown, it could have dropped in there but I am still convinced its in a tree and its not it any of those trees.

When it lost signal it was going in a different direction (right as I look at the map as a picture) at this point could it have kept going in that same direction? I.e. am I looking in wrong place?

I am convinced it stopped in a tree and I saw a white house and a car drive past in distance (so sight of the road).

Not giving up and will go again to the house but farmer is not liking me looking all over his house. Would help if I could speak the language, may have to take a Portuguese friend with me.

on my txt file were does it show that I had GTH height set at?

I never understood why you have to turn on OV in RTH mode. OV default is offf with RTH.. You would think it would be the opposite

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3