DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Acquiring Activation Info ...

Davidss

Reactions
UK, Derbyshire, nearest junction, M1 J28.
Trying, but unable, to activate a Mavic Pro.
I have gone through all the screens, confirmed my email address, but the blue button at the bottom of the screen is now stuck on 'Acquiring Activation Info ...' .
I have contacted DJI Chat once, but nothing they have suggested has helped.
Software on DJI GO 4 is up to date, as is the Android operating system. At their suggestion the Android device has been put into Developer mode.

I've already searched both here and on the DJI Forum, but the only close shot was from January when the Activation servers were apparently down, but then came back. I pointed this out to my Chat operator, asking if the same problem might be happening again, but didn't get a clear answer.

Has anyone here any suggestions please?

Well, all hail the power of the Mavic Pilots Forum.
AFTER giving up on my own efforts and posting here I gave it one last try, and it worked!!
Didn't offer me Refresh Care, but I'll try that after the Simulator.

Regards.

Well, all hail the power of the Mavic Pilots Forum.
AFTER giving up on my own efforts and posting here I gave it one last try, and it worked!!
Didn't offer me Refresh Care, but I'll try that after the Simulator.

Regards.
Do not give up on Refresh Care! if you want it make sure you get it before the time expires.
Regards,
-d.

if you want it make sure you get it before the time expires.
It's possible to purchase DJI Care Refresh after 48 hours too. It's not as convenient though since DJI requires you to record a video showing all is in working order. More details about that can be found here.

Thankyou both.
I didn't respond sooner because ... I went for a long walk, or a lie down in a darkened room, pick whichever resonates with you.
Why?
After I came out of the simulation mode the screen immediately went back to the first Activation screen.
What?? I've just activated the product!!

At this point I switched everything off and went away.
When I came back all was as it should be, Activated and ready to go.
This sort of thing doesn't boost my confidence in the product.
I don't care how many others fly straight out of the box, apparently in total ignorance of at least half the settings, that isn't how I operate. I want to understand and appreciate the details, and I want consistency in operation.
I am being given no product confidence at all.

Via my PC I did go to the 'Buy Care Refresh' page, and funnily enough, drawing money from my account happened without any problem at all!!

I've since been through and chosen the settings I want, recording all of them in anticipation of the next Firmware Update that puts them back to 'default'. Naturally this includes several settings that weren't visible before product activation.

Tomorrow I might just walk a few across to an open field and try flying it.
Am I confident it will be rewarding and enjoyable? No, but it has to be done, otherwise what is the point?
Giving up is just Failure, and I'm not quite ready for that, yet.
The product was bought for a specific and practical purpose, to assist in another activity I AM interested in.
Even if I don't enjoy flying the bloody thing, I still hope to make practical use of it. If I can't, that IS failure.

Thankyou gentlemen for your practical support over the last few weeks. It has been beneficial to know the back-up is there, even though I try hard not to need it.

Regards.

Reactions: Bunny Too
Thankyou both.
I didn't respond sooner because ... I went for a long walk, or a lie down in a darkened room, pick whichever resonates with you.
Why?
After I came out of the simulation mode the screen immediately went back to the first Activation screen.
What?? I've just activated the product!!

At this point I switched everything off and went away.
When I came back all was as it should be, Activated and ready to go.
This sort of thing doesn't boost my confidence in the product.
I don't care how many others fly straight out of the box, apparently in total ignorance of at least half the settings, that isn't how I operate. I want to understand and appreciate the details, and I want consistency in operation.
I am being given no product confidence at all.

Via my PC I did go to the 'Buy Care Refresh' page, and funnily enough, drawing money from my account happened without any problem at all!!

I've since been through and chosen the settings I want, recording all of them in anticipation of the next Firmware Update that puts them back to 'default'. Naturally this includes several settings that weren't visible before product activation.

Tomorrow I might just walk a few across to an open field and try flying it.
Am I confident it will be rewarding and enjoyable? No, but it has to be done, otherwise what is the point?
Giving up is just Failure, and I'm not quite ready for that, yet.
The product was bought for a specific and practical purpose, to assist in another activity I AM interested in.
Even if I don't enjoy flying the bloody thing, I still hope to make practical use of it. If I can't, that IS failure.

Thankyou gentlemen for your practical support over the last few weeks. It has been beneficial to know the back-up is there, even though I try hard not to need it.

Regards.
It can be stressful and a lot of the registration stuff goes from the app through servers and then back to the app, it can be frustrating. One thing I do is a hard reset after doing anything with firmware or the app. I turn off and turn back on everything and am constantly clearing the cache on my device. Good Luck to you Friend.
Regards,
-d.

dont worry mate, I think I got the care refresh 10 days after I got the Mavic or so - unfortunately the week after it had to be sent in for a warranty repair already - so the earlier the better - though I assumed that with care refresh you always get preferential support treatment which doesnt seem to be the case - also there are few reports where the turnaround time is way higher as defined in the agreement ... my warranty replacement took 34 days to complete ...

I had to try and try to get the Mavic Pro to activate. Finally late at night, on the couch... I decided to click "change" next to my email address, and it had me log in to my account, and the bloody thing activated right away... Really a stumper, because that is NOwhere in the instructions. I just kept accepting my email address that had auto-filled on the app.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miguelmas