DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Active Track flight mode Tutorial for Cinematic footage

heo3480

Reactions
Active Track is one of the coolest features for Mavic Pro.

This flight mode will help you record cinematic footage. I made this Tutorial showing the different options under Active Track including how to use them and get the best out of it.

Hey, great video thankyou! Just wondering if you can confirm that the recent update has changed the active track speed allowed up to 15 metres per second?

352c663c36abc315b6cd15f7ee202700.jpg
if this is true, do I have to enable sports mode or something to get it to work? Is obstacle avoidance still enabled?

Ok, I would need to figure out a way to test this

Uhh, nice upgrade

936695da517567543e2fe526b1a0f5fc.jpg

Seems 15 m/s is now possible

It's pretty cool stuff, endless possibilities to make great looking footage.

Reactions: JJM
I shot this recently, first 2 times using Active Track. Very impressed with how well it does work.

Last edited:
Reactions: Strafe1 and beatnik
I shot this recently, first 2 times using Active Track. Very impressed with how well it does work.

Very nice job! You did a great job getting your altitudes set correctly and keeping abstacles out of your flight path. It looks like you used both Profile and Trace mode, correct? When the Mavic was staying in front of you, flying backwards, what mode were you in?

When I activate active track, I don't get the three options on the right side for profile or spotlight.
Ideas?

On iOS, the options show up after you select the subject to track.

Same for Android. The options on the right only show up after you select the subject to be tracked. If they don't show up, switch to another tracking mode then back to AT and try again.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shandilya