DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Active Track Rotation Max Distance...?

bazlington

Reactions
All

I want to take a full rotation shot using active track focusing on the top of the chimney where I work. The highest point is the actual chimney of 200m. I'm looking to send my Mav directly up in the air from the point indicated on the attached image, lock onto the tip of the chimney 1.1km away. Once I get to a height of approx 250m, initiate active track, and send it round on a circumference of the whole site, using the chimney as a centre focal point throughout the clip.

The distance from the stack and my launch point is 1.1km. Which gives me a circumference of 6.91 Km round trip.

Would this be possible and what kind of problems does anyone forsee?

Attachments

• work.jpg
    work.jpg
    285.7 KB · Views: 19
Apart from battery life, I would assume Point of Interest would be a better option.

I cant fly directly over the chimney/focal point of the video which you need to do with the POI function.

All

I want to take a full rotation shot using active track focusing on the top of the chimney where I work. The highest point is the actual chimney of 200m. I'm looking to send my Mav directly up in the air from the point indicated on the attached image, lock onto the tip of the chimney 1.1km away. Once I get to a height of approx 250m, initiate active track, and send it round on a circumference of the whole site, using the chimney as a centre focal point throughout the clip.

The distance from the stack and my launch point is 1.1km. Which gives me a circumference of 6.91 Km round trip.

Would this be possible and what kind of problems does anyone forsee?
The battery as heo3480 mentioned and also I am not sure if the mavic can focus (and maintain) an active track visual lock that far away. I would love to hear how it turns out. Good Luck
Regards,
-d.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParKOR