DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Active Track Stability - Flyaway

AlanTheBeast

Reactions
Deleted. Could give the impression that I was alone flying 2 drones which is not legal.

Last edited:
Okay. I only saw one person.

I've taken it down for that reason before someone gets in a twist.

The important thing is that Active Track does seem to "fly away" in some circumstances. I think it's limited and it does stop (as it did in both instances I saw). Important to be able to send it up higher and/or stop it in place. The MP was in sight the whole time - no more than about 100 m away at worst.

Alan,
I am sorry that you felt you had to remove your video. I thought it was a great example, and I learned a lot by watching it. If I were in your shoes, and I took my drone(s) to a remote location, and someone started giving me grief.....I would tell them to just jump in a lake! (Or worse!)

You have my support....

Reactions: AlanTheBeast
Alan,
I am sorry that you felt you had to remove your video. I thought it was a great example, and I learned a lot by watching it. If I were in your shoes, and I took my drone(s) to a remote location, and someone started giving me grief.....I would tell them to just jump in a lake! (Or worse!)

You have my support....

Thanks! It was remote-ish. A dead end road that happens to have a large "turning" spot for trucks. About 200m from a highway - so reasonably remote.

But given some nervous nellies and legal larry's I'd rather bend with the reed.

What is important is that one be extra vigilant in any automated mode whether provided by DJI (RTH, Active Track, POI, etc) or one provided by a 3rd party (Litchi et al).

To embellish that further - if it's a mode based on camera tracking (Active Track) then be 10x more vigilant.

Reactions: JLane
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamoke