DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Active Track

fredgsy

Reactions
I have played around with this and some great results. One question - with a car for example, if it were to go up a small hill - will the Mavic also adjust its altitude ? Can on active track you adjust the altitude using the joystick ?
Thanks

You can use the altitude track feature or spotlight and adjust alititude just be careful in spotlight as the sticks behave differently based on orientation and I crashed hard when I used it!

On Active Track, the Mav will not automatically adjust its altitude. You can adjust the altitude with the joystick.

Reactions: fredgsy
In Active Track the Mavic _will_ adjust it's altitude (up as well as down) to maintain it's current altitude. I'm finishing up a video today on this and will post once it's done. I would not recomend relying on this feature to go up and down hills. IMHO, it's more of a last measure stop gap to avoid an unforeseen crash into the ground.

When flown normally the Mavic will not adjust altitude. That is, when not in Active Track.

Reactions: fredgsy
I was just reading that the active track feature on the P4 was updated to allow rise and fall of altitude if active track is initiated while under 10m altitude. It makes sense that the active track mode on the Mavic would have been updated to do the same. It looks like that might not be the case if above 10m though. If you haven't done your video yet, can you try different altitude's?

I was just reading that the active track feature on the P4 was updated to allow rise and fall of altitude if active track is initiated while under 10m altitude. It makes sense that the active track mode on the Mavic would have been updated to do the same. It looks like that might not be the case if above 10m though. If you haven't done your video yet, can you try different altitude's?

The P4 VPS limit is 10m. So no, VPS won't correct altitude if the P4 is above 10m.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa