DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Adding a Tile to Mavic just in case I lose it

granvillelee

Reactions
I'm sure I'm not the first to think of this. What are some other ways you can track your Mavic in the rare case you lose it? I added this Tile.
cb01c9e8b8b0a5054fbd100b3f633a1d.jpg

Range is very limited on tiles 100m max.
Also the GPS is in there, you do not want it interfering with that.
Think you may need a better location to mount the tile.

The Tile has a max range of 100 feet. You can find a list of commonly used trackers here.

100ft, pretty useless. Thought it was 100m which is also not that far.

Ahh, how sweet.

Now only if it chirped like the P3.......

Maybe we should request from DJI that the remote be used as a rangefinder . Upon low battery landing maybe keep the radio telemetry powered for as long as possible and have a locator setting on the controller .

I have lost a race drone several times in a tree or tall grass and used the signal strength meter on my Taranis radio to home into its location . When I get close I put the Taranis into Range Test mode which cuts the output power down to about 70 feet of range and I have always walked right up to the drone . Just use a sweeping motion and walk in the direction that shows the greatest signal .

Reactions: Skupper67
Reactions: granvillelee
Have you tried testing your Tile in a scenario where there are obstacles between you and your Mavic? I'm assuming you didn't attach it to use it in a wide open location (since you could just look over and see it). Perhaps Tile considered that when they posted their specs.

100 yards
Yes the distance you need to be within is about 100 yards - BUT - if you lose it and I, a Tile user pass within 100 yards it will report the location to you - So it is 100 yards from any Tile user at any time. Still not super effective but a cheap way of providing some ability to find. Say you have an approximate location in a field - getting within 100 yards is a lot easier than making visual contact.

My racing quad has ESCs that chirp after theyve been idle for 2 min. Its come in handy a few times trying to find them after a crash.

After the money invested in your drone spend a little extra for proper 3G GPS

Best 3G GPS Tracking Device - Trackimo

Last edited by a moderator:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54