DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Additional Modes INSIDE Follow Me? Such as trace/profile/etc

continuecrushing

Reactions
So I understand the fundamental difference between active track and follow me...however, is is possible to get cool modes in follow me, like there is in active track?

I will be doing a higher speed event with my car this weekend, and I'm certain active track won't be able to keep up, so I'd like to use follow me. However, I'd also like the cool trace/profile/video modes that you get with active track.

Is this possible? The area I'll be in is wide open/no trees so I'm not worried about WHAT the mavic does while following me, but I'd like it to follow me best it can while getting cool shots.

I tried follow me mode, on foot, and the camera didn't even adjust much (at all?) to keep me in the center of the frame. Granted I know it won't be perfect, but active track does a stellar job of keep you in the frame.

OR, is my best bet to just have the mavic a few hundred feet from the car, and use follow me+hope for the best?

Follow me modes don't use any optical assistance whatsoever... so there is no way to keep you in the frame or offer the additional options for tracking. It is literally only trying to track the same GPS path your phone or tablet is taking.. Nothing more.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oshgeo