DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Adequate reward for return Drone?

I've always thought that $50 (USD) would suffice. Its big enough to say, thank you, but small enough not to break the bank. I don't think a percentage of the value of the drone is a good idea. This may welcome further negotiations from the person who found it, if you tell them what it's worth. Just my 2 cents...

Crazy question. Almost makes me think you found a drone and are wanting to know what you should receive for returning it.
So let me take you back to a time when morals were something your parents should of taught you.
If you find something,...it does not belong to you. If you know the rightful owner,......you should return it with no expectation of reward.
If you do not know whom it belongs to,....you should call the authorities and report the found item. In general,....they will take your name and information. If no one claims that item after a specified time,....then it is given to you.
If someone found something that you lost,.....would you not want the same courtesy.
As far as giving someone a reward that finds something of yours,......give what you feel is right and fair. If as an example the drone landed in his/her yard,.....and they simply walked it back to your yard,.....have a pizza delivered to them. If they braved, elements,....climbed mountains and valley's, crossed the desert, risked life and limb because you expressed the need for the return of that item,......then the reward goes up with effort put forward by the rescuer.
It is sad what I have seen become of this worlds work ethic and morality. People like Tesla, Roosevelt, Churchill, Bell, Eisenhower must all be turning in their graves.

No no no... haven't found a Drone but if I ever lose mine and some nice soul returns it I would like to feel that I have done the right thing and hopefully reinforce the honesty counts for something.

Reactions: HowSR
Always remember: karma's a *****- ask Gopro [emoji28]

I've always thought that $50 (USD) would suffice. Its big enough to say, thank you, but small enough not to break the bank. I don't think a percentage of the value of the drone is a good idea. This may welcome further negotiations from the person who found it, if you tell them what it's worth. Just my 2 cents...

My understanding of the op is that most of us would not know the value of 9,000 rubles, so it would make sense to say that in your case you are comfortable with a reward that is 5% of the value of the mavic, or $50 usd.

Reactions: Michael Ainsworth
No no no... haven't found a Drone but if I ever lose mine and some nice soul returns it I would like to feel that I have done the right thing and hopefully reinforce the honesty counts for something.

My apologies. Then re-read the post. There really is no set amount or percentage. If there was very little effort,...give something,....but does not have to be a set percentage. If the person whom rescued your drone went to great effort,.....then a more appropriate and larger reward would be justified.
Situations vary,......if it is a young man,...they might simply enjoy you spending time with them teaching them how to fly that very drone.
They might enjoy a video of them on their bike.
Do what you feel is right in your heart and mind.

Hi Guys,
What would you be prepared to give someone for returning your Drone?
As we are all in different countries perhaps a percentage cost of the unit.

It would be dependent on the condition of the drone. If it had landed without harm then I'd be willing to offer 25% of its value & think I was lucky. If someone contacted you & stated they had found your drone then they probably don't even want a reward.

mfarris, I agree with your original post, today, everyone has forgotten the golden rule, why is it now an expectation that you'll receive a monetary reward, instead of just a warmhearted thank you.

Unfortunately the real world nowadays seems to work on the promise of material reward.
The chance of getting a $2000 (Australian) Drone back without at least that promise may well mean you never see it again.
Yes, some may just bring it back and not expect anything but the chances of getting it back are increased with a little incentive.

If I had lost it - it was no longer in my possession - and someone contacted me with a view to returning it - 10% or £100 would feel appropriate. If they asked for a higher figure before returning it (kidnapping!), then I guess if you think of the alternative cost of a new Mavic only, plus memory card and associated photos, I might have to be prepared to pay say up to £600 depending on airworthiness. Guess you have to get lucky that the right person finds it!

Reactions: Michael Ainsworth
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wqb3