DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Advanced charging hub

That's a very good question. I am out of my element at the moment. I'm in Germany and returning to NJ on Sunday. My Mavic will be delivered tomorrow according to the FedEx tracking number. Basically, I new what I was doing because none of my lipos were encased in a housing and had a connection like what the Mavic has. I will have to tear down a Mavic battery and figure out exactly what this " smart battery" is all about. I heard someone mention that the Mavic battery has its own internal balancing charger and that your not actually connecting anything but a power supply to the battery. I would definitely dig out your old power supply and dust it off. Someone else may already have done a battery tear down or will do one before I need to. That would save me $90 bucks. [emoji23]
Right now I have a total of 4 battery's coming with my Mavic. I've pre-ordered another 6 on Amazon prime and need about another 5 to 10 for a trip I'm going on. Then I'm gonna sell all of them after only 1 discharge.

Once I figure out the best way to Parallel charge the Mavic batteries I should only need about 4.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

I think you are right that the Mavic batteries can be charged at 2C. The Yx is 4.5A per dongle (x3 for a combined 13.5A output from the chipset on the Yx) which is a little better than the 3.83A of the Mavic wall charger but less than the 6A of the Mavic car charger.

There are some parallel chargers out there I've seen that cheat the specs and oscillate the amperage between two batteries. I've got a eFest Luc v4 for 18650's that says it will charge 4 batteries at 1A, but in reality there are only 2 channels that each work at 1A. It oscillates between the 2 batteries on the channel at 60hz (here in the USA) at 1A, aka cheating the specs. Hope that we don't get duped on future chargers like that.

I'd say the Yx works at 1C given the Mah of the batteries and the output amperage of the Yx.

And Friday will be here before you know it! Enjoy!

Crap, that was my attempt at being humorous when I wrote "tiny bit" above. I wanted to put a smiley face after that but forgot to. My apologies. [emoji15]

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Reactions: Intrglctcrevfnk
Is the car charger faster because of a higher output of the power socket of a car? Reason I'm asking is because my Tahoe has an actual 3-prong power outlet (shown in photo). If I plug my standard charger and charging hub to my Tahoe's 3-prong outlet, will it charge my 4 batteries in approx. 3 hours as opposed to 4 hours in my house?

View attachment 5944

You will probably blow the trasnformer for the 3 prong plug.

so in order to take advantage of the "ADV" charger you need to also buy the 100W charger for the phantom. Seems a bit janky.

I will have to tear down a Mavic battery and figure out exactly what this " smart battery" is all about. I heard someone mention that the Mavic battery has its own internal balancing charger and that your not actually connecting anything but a power supply to the battery.

If it's anything like the Phantom 3 batteries, it won't be easy:
Dual Battery Mod

Reactions: iFlyForFun
Hi,

Can someone from the USA take a photo of their mavic AC charger block. I just want to take a look at the specs and compare that to mine from Australia

Reactions: Ravenix
It's a 2 straight pin version.

810addeb878841ab8b9a553cd4377117.jpg

Just got this bad boy! Charging 4 batteries at once currently! (With 2 chargers)

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

810addeb878841ab8b9a553cd4377117.jpg

Just got this bad boy! Charging 4 batteries at once currently! (With 2 chargers)

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots
So how is this physically compatible with the ph4 charger? That has a much larger plug and I havent seen anyhtin like it on the advanced hub foto's anywhere. Can you post some closeups of the connector for the 100W charger?

So how is this physically compatible with the ph4 charger? That has a much larger plug and I havent seen anyhtin like it on the advanced hub foto's anywhere. Can you post some closeups of the connector for the 100W charger?

They made the connection a little bigger on the advance hub. I can send pictures when I get home tonight.

That would be great. I was under the impression that the pins were also spaced differently so mighty curious to see the two plugs next to each other

Reactions: AresSK
Already have the charger came with the flymore set i get three batteries charged in two hours to two hours thirty from around 10 percent to full that is with the cuarger that came withthe mavic flymore combo

Already have the charger came with the flymore set i get three batteries charged in two hours to two hours thirty from around 10 percent to full that is with the cuarger that came withthe mavic flymore combo
the fly more combo I got and is currently listed by DJI only comes with the standard charger and does not physically fit the ph4 charger or handle the 100watt, perhaps you received an advanced charger by accident? It is the one where a circlular structure inside the hub seems to be evident if viewed from above, probably a cooler of sorts...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000