DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Advanced charging hub

To fully take advantage of the advanced battery charging hub, you'll also need to pick up the following items:
With the addition of these two items, you'll be able to charge 4 batteries in 2.5 hours (instead of 4 hours).
I dread to think what this forum would be like without your regular contributions.

Thank you.

Reactions: Rbruz
Just got my advanced charger after it seems like almost two months (thanks DJI ;) ). Just fired it up. This baby is humming (literally) :)

Reactions: Rbruz
Did you get a chance to take some pictures?

b4ac655898729589c034684e394d9764.jpg
0cbd731bd4dfcb24f72aadfb8b29138f.jpg
fddac986c216e4bba7372e49ce8e54d6.jpg

no worries, just glad you didn't get hit by a bus or something :) Thanks for the pics. It looks like only the outer plug is a different size which makes sense if the pins just fit as is. Wonder if anyone has tried modifying a ph4 plug to stick onto a standard mavic charging hub. Not gonna do it myself, have just ordered the advanced off ebay. Know of anyone who's tried it?

Yeah no thanks, I rather charge 3 batteries at once, not one at a time, check it out HERE for a lot less $$$ had for 2 months now, works like a champ! You can find on ebay now as well.

I mean I have seen this one charge all 4 batteries at the same time. I can show a picture or video if you want.

I mean I have seen this one charge all 4 batteries at the same time. I can show a picture or video if you want.

It does it in sequence. The one I shared will charge 3 in just over 50min. How long to charge the 4 you have ?

Yeah no thanks, I rather charge 3 batteries at once, not one at a time, check it out HERE for a lot less $$$ had for 2 months now, works like a champ! You can find on ebay now as well.
I have one of those as well but the measured max charge is 1Amp per port, so yes they will charge in parallel but not as fast as the 100W ph4 charger in combination with the advanced hub which charges 4 in parallel too but with 2A per port. I intend using both at the same time seeing as the blue charger will also charge two USB devices simultaneously as well. So 4 batteries using the ph4 + advanced hub and the blue charger for 1 battery and the controller and a tablet should get me back to full in max 2,5hours from empty.

I was just wondering though if the ph4 100W power supply would up the amp on the standard charger as well...

Last edited:
It does it in sequence. The one I shared will charge 3 in just over 50min. How long to charge the 4 you have ?

I've seen mine charge all four somewhere around 45 minutes.... but who's counting
If you look at the picture I posted on the first page I believe you can see it charging 3 at the same time.

"The Intelligent Flight Batteries will be charged in sequence according to their power levels, from high to low.
The advanced Charging Hub optimizes charging to improve efficiency. The advanced version charges fully in one hour less than the standard version. When used together with a Phantom 4 charger, the charging time is reduced to 2.5 hours." Who wants to buy a P4 charger and then a hub ( unless you already have a p4). The charger I posted is pretty fast and easy peasy for under $60 Just sayin.... not to mention the added bonus if you travel like I do is I can charge the controller, the mini ipad and my phone all at the same time, less gear, it all fits in the backpack I go that's cake to carry on the plane ( Have 5 batteries). I will say, Yest I was in Home Depot, and saw a killer water sealed hard case that would work perfect for $30 just find some foam and cut it out or buy the square foam and done, for people looking for a pelican like case. the 22" rigid is pretty sweet, it's also lockable and stackable, locking gear in, but also you can latch say 2-4 together.

Anyone tested charging time with advanced hub & p4 charger, for single battery?

This post was helpful, thanks. Does anyone know if it's worth getting the Phantom 4 Series 160 W Battery Charger to use with the advanced charger or will the charging times be negligible between the 100 watts and 160 watts? Thanks again.

Does anyone know if it's worth getting the Phantom 4 Series 160 W Battery Charger to use with the advanced charger or will the charging times be negligible between the 100 watts and 160 watts?
You'll be able to charge 4 batteries in 4 hours instead of 5 hours.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miguelmas