DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Advice on Bird Attacks??

UAV Man

Reactions
Does anyone have advice on the Bird Attacks on drones, I've had a few issues with the Inspire while flying so can only imagine the pesky feathered gits will love the Mavic!!

When under raptor assault go vertical & climb straight up at max power. Birds can't keep up with the pure vertical climb. This assumes you see them coming & have a chance to evade.

Does anyone have advice on the Bird Attacks on drones, I've had a few issues with the Inspire while flying so can only imagine the pesky feathered gits will love the Mavic!!

Reactions: UAV Man
When under raptor assault go vertical & climb straight up at max power. Birds can't keep up with the pure vertical climb. This assumes you see them coming & have a chance to evade.
Last time I was being harassed by a family of Crows in the Highlands of Scotland... Chose to go on the offensive and they cleared off!! No bird expert but logic I guess is they want to see if you are a threat so I didn't want to disappoint:D.

Alter your route. Probably nesting nearby.
Surveying a house so had no choice, I left them in piece after about 40 minutes. I'm thinking I'll have my Mavic paint in a Eagle design....

Go directly vertical. Fly off then, at max speed, then return to home and reset and start over. Hopefully the offending bird is gone by then. If you are in an area where the birds are nesting, may think about moving or coming back at a later date.

Reactions: UAV Man
Hawk attack.. Went up then came in and put it down.

Reactions: boxsterfahrer
Surveying a house so had no choice, I left them in piece after about 40 minutes. I'm thinking I'll have my Mavic paint in a Eagle design....

Maybe something like this???

artist-who-turned-dead-cat-into-drone-plans-to-build-a-cow-helicopter-in-cat-quadcopter-image.jpg

OstrichCopter3.jpg

Reactions: dsd317

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Htrismegistus